Job Number: 75285
The Event Manager plans and manages the audio visual and furnishings for special events implemented by Event Services. In addition, coordinates the services of any contractors hired by Event Services and helps to manage any additional services provided by other Stanford Departments. The Event Manager has the overall responsibility for ensuring that the logistics for special events operate smoothly and that the technical services for the event are delivered successfully. He/she is responsible for (but not limited to):
- Client meetings to help plan the logistics and define the scope for events as well as explaining the various services offered by the department or other LBRE divisions.
- Ensures the details of the services provided are carried out smoothly, directly overseeing staff when necessary.
- Examines the total plans for the event to determine what is needed; also anticipates or identifies needs that the client might not have expressed.
- Works with minimal supervision and in context with the rest of the team at Event Services.
- Schedule staff, contractors and equipment in such a manner as to ensure a positive end result.
- Plays an active role with the various “Big 5” events that take place campus-wide.
- Maintain records related to venues and vendors.
- Meet with stakeholders to plan scope and format of events, establish and monitor budgets, and/or review administrative procedures and event progress.
- Serve as project leader on events, coordinating teams that plan, implement, and manage all aspects of events.
- Take responsibility for budget planning and management, venue management, and equipment and facilities management.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external partners.
- Negotiate vendor contracts to minimize liability and risks.
- Research and provide recommendations for potential event locations, and evaluate alternatives.
- Procure and coordinate vendor services.
Education & Experience: Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
Certifications and Licenses:
Location: Land, Buildings and Real Estate
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.