Senior Project Manager
TCS Education System
TCS Education System is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager to join the Information Technology Department.
This position will be integral to the continued growth of our organization and will manage various projects throughout the system and its affiliates, including new affiliate organizations. This position will lead all aspects of large scale projects that engage all levels of the organization. They will execute project management processes that effectively, efficiently and successfully drive high-quality initiatives and results, while staying on time and on budget. They will need to be comfortable interacting will all departments and levels within the organization and be able to build consensus and accountability.
The ideal candidate is someone who has a passion for problem solving, consensus building and completing great projects. They will be a confident, detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated leader who is willing to jump in and help the team. They will have a positive attitude and be adept at decision-making. They will possess initiative, good judgement, high awareness and trustworthiness.
This position reports to the IT department, but may be responsible for any high visibility project throughout the organization.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage projects on time, within scope, within budget, within established quality parameters and to completion.
- Work with the executive team to prioritize projects and assign sponsorship.
- Manage initial project scope definition, scope changes and day-to-day tasks and communications.
- Set and manage stakeholder, team and user expectations.
- Build consensus and accountability among stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Create and execute project detailed work plans, communications plans, timelines, deliverables and key milestones. Revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identify resources required and assign individual responsibilities.
- Identify risks and minimize exposure to those risks.
- Prepare quality assurance parameters, procedures and documents.
- Review deliverables such as designs and QA documentation.
- Make continual improvements to reduce timelines and maximize communications between cross-functional teams under tight deadlines.
- Manage project budgets.
- Effectively facilitates team, design, status and stakeholder meetings.
- Provide timely updates on project status, issues, concerns, risks and successes. Offer solutions where applicable.
- Enhance departmental reputation and organization by providing clarity and visibility on team's projects.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of internal project methodology, standards, processes, documentation and tools.
- Assist with implement best practices and empowering tools for project management to assist other project managers.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Attributes:
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and readjust priorities as needed.
- Project Management, Relationship Management and Vendor Management experience.
- Experience working with and administering project management tools.
- Ability to communicate to all levels of management and staff
- Ability to discuss and present project status with Senior and Executive Management.
- Ability to communicate difficult or sensitive information.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience managing projects.
- Experience working in higher education.
- PMP Certification required.
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About TCS Education System:
TCS Education System was founded in 2009 as a nonprofit organization with a mission of preparing innovative, engaged, purposeful agents of change who serve our global community.
TCS Education System features a network of specialized institutions, which are backed by a model of education that prepares socially responsible, culturally competent professionals in applied fields such as psychology, law, health care, and education. TCS Education System partners-The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, The Santa Barbara & Ventura Colleges of Law, Pacific Oaks College & Children's School, Dallas Nursing Institute, and Saybrook University-each offer scholarship, training, and service opportunities directed to a specific career path while providing a transformative educational experience.
For more information, visit www.tcsedsystem.edu