Assistant Director, Health Care Administration
AST DIR, Health Care AdminJob Description:
Assist in development of daily operations strategy and ensure consistent strategy implementation and continuous evaluation and improvement; in improving existing products and development of new products for the UF Center for Quality Medication Management (CQM). Oversee the selection, management and supervision of assigned call center staff. Maintain adequate staffing of personnel to ensure compliance with deadlines. Monitor and encourage staff productivity and performance. Provide assistance, training, and troubleshooting support to assigned staff. Assist Director of Operations and Clinical Program Development in optimizing CQM clinical programs to meet organizational goals, contractual obligations, and contractual expectations and in developing and maintaining policies and procedures related to clinical program offerings.
Assist Director of Operations and Clinical Program Development in development and coordination of UF CQM product and client specific training programs for UF CQM personnel to ensure successful delivery of all clinical products and in coordination of technology and clinical development programs for timely and successful product launch and maintenance. Assist with CQM teaching, research, and publication initiatives as needed. Assist with CQM client and vendor relations as needed.
Participate in all required CQM Communication and Care Center operational and development meetings. Master all policies and procedures. Provide patient-care services as needed. Contribute to the CQM quality improvement process. Assist with supervision and precepting of student pharmacists as needed and as time allows.
Review and approve hours worked, time-off, and vacation requests from direct reports. Conduct team meetings to relay information to team members necessary for maintaining flow of CQM communications. Conduct annual review of direct report personnel.
Provide staffing coverage in absence of Director of Operations and Clinical Program Development or direct reports. Other duties as assigned.Advertised Salary:
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.Minimum Requirements:
Master's degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience. Must possess, or be able to achieve, Registered Pharmacist status in the State of Florida and be eligible to apply and achieve Registered Pharmacist status in other US states as necessary.Preferred Qualifications:
- Pharm.D. degree from a fully accredited college or university, or equivalent degree with applicable practice experience.
- Previous experience developing clinical program protocols and standard operating procedures preferred
- Prior CQM experience preferred
- Experience leading pharmacy teams preferred
- Previous teaching and training program development experience preferred
- Strong clinical therapeutic skills; geriatric or ambulatory care certification preferred
- Healthcare quality measure expertise preferred
- Must be self-directed and possess excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple people and priorities simultaneously
- Understands the pharmacist’s clinical role in the care of Medicare and Medicaid patients
- Experience providing client relations and account management for clinical services preferred
- Understands all aspects of Medicare benefits
- Uses and pronounces common medical and pharmacy terms correctly
- High energy, mature, and comfortable working with all levels of professionals, students and patients
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
A criminal background check will be required for this position.
This is a time-limited position located at UF's Lake Nona campus in Orlando, FL.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (EDT) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required: No