Director of Financial Operations
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine - Dean's Office
Business Services Director (Director of Financial Operations)
Position #00701425 - Requisition #10267
The School of Medicine has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Business Services Director position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The Director is responsible for the ongoing leadership and oversight of the fiscal operations of the School of Medicine, including directing the business intelligence operations related to fiscal operations, and providing expert analytics support to School of Medicine executive leadership and Departments. This position develops strategies and processes which contribute to the University and/or campus mission and accountability for services provided.
Examples of Work Performed:
This position providers operational oversight for the fiscal functions in the University of Colorado School of Medicine. The scope of this combined all-funds budget is $1.34B encompassing 23 departments and 16 centers. This position leads the fiscal operations for the school of Medicine in: budgeting (multi-fund), commitments, forecasting, analytics, salary setting process (table 1), survey benchmarking (AAMC, others), tuition modeling and forecasting, ICR reconciliation and distribution, Dean's office fiscal oversight, policy development, training on systems and policies, and various other duties and projects.
Salary and Benefits: Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers an excellent, comprehensive benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- A bachelor's degree in business, business administration, finance, accounting, healthcare administration, public administration, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- This position requires extensive, diverse and progressively responsible experience at the management level, including direct responsibility for all-funds budgeting and budgeting processes in an environment with distributed responsibility.
- Strong experience with query and other analytical tools (e.g. Tableau, SQL, Access)
- Expert experience with Excel (ex. advanced formulas, data analysis tools, macros, vlookup, etc.)
- Highly developed fiscal budgeting and analysis skills/experience
- Strong experience with accounting policies and procedures
- While prior experience is not required, the ability to quickly understand and master the fiscal and procedural intricacies of the State of Colorado is important. Prior experience is preferred.
- This position requires a strong understanding of financial and related human resources data.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to think beyond the problem or task to understand the related consequences and related effects.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * Required Application Materials: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to Luana.Tadolini@ucdenver.edu.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by July 21, 2017. Those who do not apply by July 21, 2017 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20029 - SOM - Dean-School of Medicine
Posting Date: Jul 11, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Luana Tadolini
Posting Contact Email: Luana.Tadolini@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00701425