Digital Content Program Director
Who We Are:
University Advancement professionals coordinate the university's primary outreach activities to the community and region. This includes memberships in key organizations, attendance at key community events, representation on important community initiatives and the creation of partnerships supporting the university's mission.
Digital Content Program Director
University of Colorado Colorado Springs has an opening for a Digital Content Program Director. The person in this position will facilitate the curation, creation and collection of new and existing content for distribution across the UCCS website and other digital platforms, as well as manage and provide exceptional client account and project management and vendor coordination. The multi-skilled professional will effectively navigate various emerging content creation and execution techniques.
Principle functions of the position are as follows:
Serve as digital content developer/writer
- Conceptualize, coordinate and produce audience-focused content for the UCCS website that drives prospective student and other target audience engagement.
- Develop an on-brand tone, voice and writing style for the UCCS website.
- Read, analyze and evaluate existing website content for reusability and cohesiveness.
- Edit and repurpose existing copy for improved user consumption and content SEO.
- Develop and coordinate sharable content that supports and reflects a site-wide SEO strategy.
- Proofread and edit content developed through other internal/external channels.
- Develop content based upon the successes of our students, faculty, staff and alumni.
- Incorporate engaging video into the UCCS website that brings to life the stories of our above constituents.
- Write scripted content and conduct interviews for website and social media videos.
- Review web content on an ongoing basis to ensure relevancy and "freshness" and reach out to content owners when replacement content is required.
- Publish website content and act as a contributor and editor within the UCCS content management system.
- Work in partnership with communications, marketing, web services and key campus content developers to identify content that is appropriate for the various UCCS sites and university's digital content platforms.
- Work with the director of social media to determine content and messaging strategies for online platforms.
- Participate in strategic planning of messaging, target audience development and refinement, content creation, and content promotion.
- Actively participate and contribute to the team's creativity, efficiency and accomplishment of set goals.
Account/Project collaboration and management
- Serve as department's point of contact for digital content-related project initiatives and questions.
- Work with marketing, communications, web services, college account representatives, designers, programmers, content writers and vendor representatives on various programs and projects.
- Work with marketing, communications and creative agency team members to develop creative concepts to drive initiative-based and brand awareness campaigns.
- Serve as project manager and liaison to outside vendors on all UCCS Advancement Marketing Communications-driven projects and initiatives, including editorial direction, design, production and distribution of publications materials in accordance with UCCS and CU brand standards.
- Assist departments/colleges in coordinating with "UCCS endorsed" external vendors for design, photography, printing, advertising, etc.
- Working with the Assistant Director Communications and Brand Management, develop and manage resources to assist departments/colleges in their marketing/branding objectives, including branded templates, messaging platforms, style guides and graphic resources.
- Communicate with colleges/departments about content strategies for their specific websites.
- Serve as project manager and point of contact for all Academic Outreach and Online Programming marketing-related projects.
- Working with Media Services and vendors, serve as project manager on all marketing-related video projects.
- Working with the Director of University-wide Marketing and Associate Director of Marketing Strategies, communications, web services and outside digital vendor, utilize research and data analysis to make informed recommendations related to messaging and content.
- Working with the Director and Associate Director of Marketing, identify and develop annual strategic marketing initiatives in support of:
- Undergraduate and graduate marketing recruitment strategies in support of new programs and initiatives
- Video marketing strategies
- Web marketing communications strategies and content development for UCCS homepage and primary institutional UCCS webpages
- Digital marketing campaigns - creating and monitoring media placement and campaign effectiveness
- Manage communication of digital content strategies and requirements among college and program account representatives and the creative agency teams to ensure consistency in tone and brand.
- Keep account reps and vendors informed to ensure all work is on strategy and on deadline.
- Ensure projects meet strategic branding guidelines.
- Affirm vendor billing is accurate and associated with the appropriate projects.
- Manage marketing/branding initiatives, including vendor relationships, scheduling meetings, monitoring and reporting on progress of the initiative.
- Support SEO strategies.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong, clear writing, editing and proofreading skills for the web are essential
- Proven ability to create collaborative working relationships both internally and externally
- Possess a strong knowledge and understanding of search engine optimization
- Knowledge and understanding of digital and social media content and formats
- Ability to work independently and solve problems creatively
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized and able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects with a sense of urgency and ability to effectively navigate within a complex organization.
- Working knowledge of digital photography and video production.
- Experience with web technologies (SEO, content management systems, digital analytics, etc.)
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Experience with contributing to brand awareness and implementation
- Ability to work collaboratively within a shared governance community
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations in a multi-cultural environment that is committed to diversity and equality in education
$50,000 - $60,000
For the purposes of FLSA this position has been determined to be exempt from (not eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- Minimum 2-3 years providing strong, clear writing, editing and proofreading skills for the web
- Bachelor's degree in these specific fields: journalism, marketing, communications or public relations
- Minimum 2-3 years professional experience writing and editing in a marketing, journalism, or copywriting capacity
- Master of Business Administration
- Three to five years of experience in marketing, communications, public relations or a related field
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in account management and vendor coordination
- Experience in higher education
- Experience producing, editing or coordinating the development of quality videos
- Competent with Photoshop, After Effects, Motion or similar professional creative software
- Demonstrated use of analytical decision making
Special Instructions to Applicants:• Applications submitted by July 28, 2017 will receive full consideration. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Official Transcripts will be required upon hire.
• Travel for in-person interviews will be reimbursed. If you are offered the job and do not accept, no reimbursement will be allowed. • The successful candidate must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States upon hire. • The University of Colorado Colorado Springs will not sponsor work visas or permanent resident applications for this position. • Telephone interviews tentatively scheduled for the week of 31 July-4 August On Campus interviews tentatively scheduled for the week of 21-25 August
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Unofficial transcript(s)
Job Category: External Relations
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40376 - Advancement
Posting Date: Jul 11, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Eric Nissen
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00733931