Professional Services Provider I
Counseling & Testing - 160730
Is this an internal posting only?
Four 10 hour day work week
Counseling & Testing Services consists of two inter-related parts: The Counseling Center and Testing Services. We exist to serve the students and community of UNT in support of the mission of the University. Through our Counseling Center cervices, we strive to support the academic success and general well-being of UNT students through professional counseling, career counseling, consultation, mental-health screenings, educational programs and self-help resources as well as referral services. We offer to consult with Students, Parents, Faculty and Staff who may be concerned about a UNT student (while still respecting the confidentiality of our clients). With client permission, we often work closely with Physicians and psychiatrists, the Career Center, Office of Disability Accommodations, and many other helpful resources in order to provide the best overall care. Our Testing Services provides a wide range of services including traditional admissions testing, computer-based testing, career testing, and many other tests.
The Counseling & Testing Services Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Staff Psychologist to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Provides short term individual, couples and group counseling to university students.
* Provides initial assessments and short term counseling services to students regarding problems relating to stress, developmental issues, interpersonal concerns, and other mental health issues.
* Conducts and evaluates psychoeducational workshop programs and outreach.
* Participates in professional development and continuing education activities and consults with university personnel.
* Rotating on call duties and crisis intervention as assigned.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Ph.D. in Psychology, Counseling, Clinical or Educational Psychology or "All but Dissertation" (ABD); and one year of related experience required. Requires licensure or eligibility for licensure as a Psychologist in the State of Texas.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Doctoral degree in Counseling Psychology
* Experience working in a College Counseling Center
* Short term treatment orientation
* Experience with group therapy and psychoeducational workshops
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with experience
Quicklink for Posting