Position Number: 53072257
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Gainesville
Job Close Date: 08/01/2017
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a full time Office Administrator. The Office Administrator will preform administrative and clerical duties to support the UNG College of Science and Math on the Gainesville campus.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 18,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Office Administrator will:
- Support the Dean and other departmental personnel by assisting in routine administrative operational tasks involving full and part-time faculty. Schedule appointments and meetings. Assist with travel arrangements and completion of expense reimbursement requests.
- Assist faculty and students in advising and registration process. Collect, coordinate and enter schedules.
- Provide input in budget development.
- Participate in project work.
- Manage process of ordering supplies for all labs, including living biological supplies as well as chemicals for chemistry labs for Gainesville campus. Assist with textbook requisitions and other supplies as needed.Be
- Be responsible for coverage of the reception area at all times, answering a wide variety of questions.
- Preform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of office practices, procedures, systems and equipment.
- Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Banner, or other office software.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks; ability to maintain records, gather and process information; ability to work unsupervised; ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to compose correspondence, prepare newsletters and create forms.
- Ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, students, employers and community.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED (Bachelor's degree preferred)
- Requires five (5) years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Requires advanced knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc.
- Requires a general working knowledge of the department's functional area.
- Campus or recruiting knowledge a plus.
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references. In addition to a background check this position will also require a credit check.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.