Debt Management Counselor
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides financial aid counseling for prospective and enrolled students on all aspects of federal, state, institutional, and private financial aid. General counseling duties include but not limited to the processing of budget appeals, request for loan advances, the calculation for Return of Title IV funds, Graduate PLUS processing, verification, resolution of C Comment codes, the awarding of outside scholarships, and exit counseling.
- Provides loan and financial literacy counseling to help students make informed borrowing decisions. Provides in depth exit counseling to inform students as to their various loan repayment options.
- Quickly responds to student questions and concerns in an accurate and professional manner. Identifies potential problems and issues and proactively communicates resolution to students.
- Stays current with financial aid regulations and with changes in PCOM aid policy and procedures.
Program Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for identifying students who have separated from the College and must do an exit interview for Federal Loans.
- Responsible for planning the Exit Interview sessions for graduates. Develops all financial literacy programming.
- Responsible for planning on going loan counseling activities for student.
- Acts a financial planning resources for all PCOM students.
- Frequent travel to proposed new Georgia campus.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent years of experience and training
- 2-3 years of experience in counseling students about financial aid and student debt repayment preferred.
- Experience in financial planning/advising preferred