Director of University Assessment
The Director of University Assessment assists the continuing development, implementation, and evaluation of the University’s assessment programs; assists academic, administrative, and student support services in monitoring and evaluating their planning and outcomes assessment processes, and is directly involved in all institutional accreditation processes at the University. The Director of Assessment reports directly to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs.
• Plans, organizes, and implements the comprehensive outcomes, assessment plans, and processes which are designed to measure and improve student learning of the university mission
• Disseminates results from institutional initiatives in a timely manner
• Serves as Chair of the University Assessment Committee which is responsible for ensuring that all constituencies are involved in university assessment processes
• Consults with colleges and academic units on their annual assessment plans which identify learning outcomes that support the mission at the university, college, academic unit, and program levels
• Works closely with the Collegiate Assessment Committees as they develop and regularly review their academic units’ annual assessment reports
• Works with academic units (departments) and administrators to satisfy the increasing demands for accountability from accreditors, federal and state agencies and other external constituencies
• Offers development activities to assist faculty in support of awareness and proficiency in assessment of their curricula. Efforts should include/promote the understanding, articulation and documentation of student learning outcomes.
• Organizes and maintains the University’s archive of assessment data, and documentation of its use in quality improvement, (i.e. academic units’ annual assessment reports at the undergraduate, postgraduate and program level).
• Supports the efforts of the University Curriculum Committee and the Academic Affairs Committee
• Serves as the University Administrator for GAP Technology’s SmartEvals Online course evaluation system; has full access to the course evaluation system and is responsible for setup, management of data, use of data, establishing user access, and providing support, resources and training for users.
• Serves as the University Administrator for NSSE and FSSE’s online survey system; has full access to the online survey system and is responsible for setup, management of data, use of data, establishing user access, and providing support, resources and training for users.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned/needed by the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
Master’s degree and three or more years of experience in an institutional research/assessment position in a college or university setting; demonstrated leadership experience for planning, coordinating and developing collaborative outcomes-based assessment programs in a diverse and complex university community.
Please submit a cover letter, résumé, and contact information for three references to: The University of Tulsa, Office of Human Resources, 800 S. Tucker Drive, Tulsa, OK 74104 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (918) 631-3543. The review of applications will commence immediately and will continue until the position is filled.