Clinical Placement Coordinator
Clinical Placement Coordinator - 1701186
Partnering with academic program directors and faculty, recruit and retain clinical placement sites and preceptors for all School of Nursing programs and curricula.
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
• Calling and interacting with potential preceptors (NPs, MDs) and prospective clinical sites, assisting with affiliation agreements and clinical site requirements, database entries and other duties as assigned.
• Corroborate with faculty and School of Nursing leadership to determine student placement needs. Communicate with students regarding current clinical affiliation agreements in distant sites.
• Communicate with potential clinical placement sites including, but not limited to, physicians', nurse practitioners' and midwives' offices, hospitals and clinics. Cultivate relationships with clinical placement sites. Obtain agreement to place students at the sites at the appropriate time during their educational experience.
• Recruit potential clinical placement sites, both locally and nationally.
• Evaluate current clinical sites. Obtain student and faculty evaluations. Review evaluations for satisfactory student placement.
• Manage and maintain preceptor database. Produce database reports for affiliation agreement review and student assignments.
• Work with the Contracts Specialists to ensure that all necessary clinical affiliation agreements are executed.
• Provide verification of preceptor hours for nurse practitioner re-certification and/or continuing education requirements.
• Manage, analyze and prepare departmental budget; monitor and verify expenditures, authorize purchase requisitions and check requests
Preferred Experience and Skills:
• Outgoing personality, creative thinker, innovative program-solver; excellent communication skills
• Entrepreneurial orientation with strong organizational skills
• Attention to detail while managing multiple projects with tight deadlines
• Familiarity with healthcare industries preferred; marketing background highly desirable
• Comfort calling healthcare facilities to recruit providers to facilitate hands-on learning experiences for students
• Experience working with Microsoft Excel, Word and database queries/reports
• Willing to pitch in to assist as needed with other responsibilities
Job requires a Bachelor's degree.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW