Salary: $44,200 - $55,000
Title: Procurement Analyst
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Botany and Plant Sciences
Date Posted: 07/11/2017
Position Information: The department of Botany and Plant Sciences at UC Riverside has one of the most modern research facilities worldwide. UCR gives every employee the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel. The department administrative staff is committed to service excellence, honesty, integrity and an optimal work environment. The Procurement Analyst will be responsible for managing all procurement functions, equipment repair and maintenance orders for a large research department and five smaller units ensuring compliance with appropriate business policies, guidelines and procedures. This position coordinates approximately 7,000 purchasing transactions annually, maintaining accurate records and timely submissions to allow for prompt vendor payments.
Minimum Requirements: Ability to read and interpret terms and conditions of basic contracts.
Ability to research and analyze information to formulate and implement solutions to problems.
Analytical skills necessary to evaluate the quality and cost effectiveness of purchasing options.
Working level of proficiency in the use of standard spreadsheet and word processing software.
Some knowledge of the organization's departments and operations.
Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience in research and laboratory-based operations, with comprehensive understanding of complex mandates governing the procurement of controlled substances and other hazardous chemicals and materials.
Experience in using UC online systems.
Demonstrated knowledge of UC purchasing policies and procedures.
Experience working with diverse clientele in a higher education institution.
Demonstrated knowledge of equipment inventory procedures.
Understands ERP/financial systems (such as Oracle, PeopleSoft, SAP, Banner, etc.).
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview