Associate Dean of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion/Chief Diversity Officer
The following position requires familiarity with the community college philosophy, and the ability to work within a culturally diverse college population.
Date: July 12, 2017
TITLE OF POSITION/RANK: Associate Dean of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion/Chief Diversity Officer
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: President’s Office
RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the direction of the President of Westchester Community College, the Associate Dean of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI)/Chief Diversity Officer (CDO) serves as a senior member of the campus administration and is responsible for coordinating, guiding, supporting, and promoting all efforts related to establishing diversity, equity and inclusion excellence throughout the college community. The CDO partners and works collaboratively with campus leaders, faculty, staff, students, various committees, and external constituencies to promote and support the implementation and evaluation of best practices related to diversity, equity and inclusion in such areas as:
- Awareness and competencies within and throughout the college culture,
- Recruitment and retention of diverse groups of employees and students,
- Curriculum and pedagogy for learning and student success.
The CDO works proactively to coordinate the various diversity-oriented programs and initiatives, including the implementation and evaluation of the college’s strategic plan for diversity in support of SUNY’s inclusion goals and aligned with the college’s overall strategic goals. The CDO also serves as part of a system-wide network of CDOs to support SUNY’s overall diversity goals. The Associate Dean of DEI/CDO will:
- Liaise with all committees that work on the goals of diversity, equity, and inclusion. The CDO will co-chair, along with a faculty member, the college-wide Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee;
- Collaborate with the Office of Human Resources, as well as Legal Counsel, to ensure compliance with the EEO and OFCCP as well as other applicable issues;
- Work with the Office of Human Resources in search-related processes such as reviewing the composition of search committees, conducting affirmation action charges, recommending ad placements, and reviewing the applicant pool;
- Prepare and submit internal and external reports. The CDO will also serve at the College’s Affirmative Action Officer;
- Serve as the Chief Diversity Office liaison to SUNY’s Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- Other duties as assigned by the President.
QUALIFICATIONS: A minimum of a Master’s degree and 7 years of related experience, including three years of experience in an administrative supervisory position, required. A minimum of two years of prior experience working in the field of diversity, equity, and inclusion in a higher education setting is also required. The successful candidate must have held a leadership role directly related to diversity, equity, inclusion, social justice and/or civil rights compliance. S/he must also have demonstrated the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with faculty, students and staff across many departments, schools, and the community. Strong organizational skills and excellent written, verbal, communication, and interpersonal skills are required. Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations related to affirmative action, Title IX and civil rights enforcement preferred.
POSITION EFFECTIVE: Recruitment will remain open until the position is filled.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The starting salary is $102,296. Excellent benefits include comprehensive health coverage, the choice of a defined benefit or a defined contribution pension plan, generous leave benefits, and access to tax shelter annuities and a deferred compensation plans.
TO APPLY: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire. Please send a resume, cover letter, and three (3) letters of recommendation to: email@example.com. Please indicate "CODE: IHE" and “Associate Dean of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion/Chief Diversity Officer” in the subject line of the email or mail to: Director, Human Resources, Westchester Community College, Administration Building – Suite B42, 75 Grasslands Road, Valhalla, NY 10595; Fax: (914) 606-7838
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence, workforce development, economic development and lifelong learning. AA/EOE.