Associate Dean of Student Life
The following position requires familiarity with the community college philosophy, and the ability to work within a culturally diverse college population.
Date: July 12, 2017
TITLE OF POSITION/RANK: Associate Dean of Student Life
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: The Division of Student Access, Involvement, and Success
RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the general supervision of the Vice President and Dean of Student Access, Involvement and Success, the Associate Dean of Student Life is to provide coordination and management for all areas of the student life program of the College including, but not limited to program and staff supervision. Specific areas of responsibilities include oversight over the following units: Student Involvement, Athletics, Mental Health/Personal Counseling, Health Services, Disability Services, Benefits Access, Veteran’s Services and The Virginia Marx Childcare Center. This individual will also serve as the primary judicial officer for the College. The Associate Dean of Student Life will also:
- Ensure that appropriate cultural, social and educational environments, initiatives and events are provided in support of student development;
- Provide leadership to a cross-collaboration of college faculty and staff to develop a structured first year student experience;
- Ensure exemplary programs and initiatives are provided by direct report service units that meet unit mission/goals, current student needs and best practice trends;
- Educate the student body as to the code of conduct, judicial process, and rights and responsibilities they have at the college;
- Identify staff and students to serve as Hearing Officers and facilitate all trainings for this group;
- Serve as the College’s Title IX Coordinator, ensuring compliance for all SUNY, local, state, and federal regulations and requirements, inclusive of all trainings, workshops and initiatives for the student body;
- Serve as a member on a variety of College committees and task forces.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: A Master’s degree in Higher Education Administration, Student Affairs or a related field is required; doctorate preferred. At least five years’ experience working in student affairs in higher education, including three years in an administrative/supervisory position. The successful candidate must possess experience with student affairs in a higher education setting, understanding of current student development theory and practices, and commitment to a student learning-centered environment and a comprehensive community college mission.
POSITION EFFECTIVE: The position will remain open until filled.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The starting salary is $102,296 plus excellent benefits.
TO APPLY: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire. You may send a resume, cover letter, and 3 references to: email@example.com. Please indicate "CODE: IHE" and “Associate Dean of Student Life” in the subject line of the email or mail to: Director, Human Resources, Westchester Community College, Administration Building – Suite B42, 75 Grasslands Road, Valhalla, NY 10595; Fax: (914) 606-7838
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Priority will be given to applications received by August 11, 2017. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence, workforce development, economic development and lifelong learning.