Research Concierge Services Manager
Working Title: Research Concierge Services Manager
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: School of Medicine, SOM Core Facilities
Posting Date: 07-11-2017
The Translational Health Research Institute of Virginia (THRIV) is looking for a Research Concierge Services Manager. THRIV serves as the "front door" for researchers and study teams at the University of Virginia to provide education and services to facilitate clinical and translational research. The Research Concierge Services Manager will oversee day-to-day support and guidance for clinical translational research teams on operational issues and study execution to facilitate excellent clinical and translational research. This position will coordinate with concierge nodal services across Grounds at the University of Virginia and serve as the liaison for research support for external THRIV partners in clinical translational research.
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelors Degree in a health-related field or have equivalent experience along with at least 6 years of clinical study coordination or study management experience. Proficiency in various computer systems including online web-based software, MS Office and Outlook is also required.
Preferred qualifications include experience in an academic health system and certification as a research coordinator or other research professional.
This position is restricted and contingent upon the continuation of funding.
Applicants should complete a staff application through the Jobs@UVa website and provide a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references. To apply visit jobs.virginia.edu and search for posting # 0621269
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Understanding of federal, state, and local regulations related to clinical translational research
2. Understanding of Good Clinical Practice guidelines
3. Ability to work independently on multiple projects and prioritize confidential issues
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
5. Independently motivated and capable of working effectively with minimal supervision
6. Strong time management, assessment, planning, and organizational skills
7. Ability to problem-solve and work under pressure in a deadline driven environment
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82251