Night & Weekend Weight Room Supervisor, Miller Fieldhouse (PT)
Thank you for considering Curry College in your search.
About Curry College:
Founded in 1879, Curry College is a private, four-year, liberal arts-based institution located on a wooded 131-acre campus in Milton, MA just seven miles from downtown Boston. Accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), Curry College offers 24 undergraduate majors, over 60 minors and concentrations, as well as four graduate programs.
Curry College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in every aspect of its operations. The College values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty and staff from a variety of backgrounds. Curry College is an equal opportunity employer that encourages diversity in the workplace.
Curry College is accepting applications for a part-time Night & Weekend Weight Room Supervisor position in our Athletics Department working in the Miller Fieldhouse Gym. This is a 9-month position and works up to 26 hours per week. Under the Director of Athletics and the Strength & Conditioning Coordinator, the Night & Weekend/Weight Room Supervisor provides daily supervision of the Miller Fieldhouse and weight room in the evenings and weekends. This position is part-time and non-benefit eligible.
- Work closely with strength and conditioning coach for supervision of work-study students for the evenings and weekends.
- Work closely with the Director of Athletics to determine needs of building hours during the school year.
- Keep schedules updated.
- Schedule general maintenance of weight room equipment with consultation of Strength & Conditioning Coordinator; responsible for nightly cleaning of weight room.
- Initiate School Dudes for general maintenance to be done in building.
- Supervise night conditioning workouts when needed.
- Assist with game management for sporting events as needed (Soccer, Lacrosse, Volleyball, Baseball).
- Gym floor set-up for Football visiting teams.
- Supervise work-study students and game crews if needed. Determine work-study schedules; delegate work load for game personnel if needed.
- High School Diploma.
- Ability to work evening and weekends and some holidays.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Organized, great attitude and attention to detail is valued.
- AED/CPR Certified.
- This position does require the ability for regular physical exertion including heavy lifting (50lbs) and exposure to weather.
- Preferred practical experience in weight room, health club, and knowledge of game set-up.
At the College’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the College, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Please apply online at: http://www.curry.edu/about-curry/employment/job-opportunities.html for consideration. Interested Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information and professional titles.