The following position requires familiarity with the community college philosophy, and the ability to work within a culturally diverse college population.
Date: July 12, 2017
TITLE OF POSITION/RANK: Registrar
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: The Division of Student Access, Involvement, and Success
RESPONSIBILITIES: Reporting to the Associate Dean of Enrollment Management, The Registrar is responsible for planning, directing and monitoring all aspects of student registration and recordkeeping for students at Westchester Community College. Responsibilities include ensuring that registration policies and procedures are properly designed and implemented to best serve the needs of students, faculty and administrators, and to ensure that methods are accurate, efficient and preserve the integrity of information. The Registrar will also direct the activities of the Registrar's Office including the hiring and training of new staff members, and assigning personnel to assigned areas. Additional responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the Information Systems division of the College to plan and implement system enhancements for computerized registration and record maintenance; and ensuring that the online registration system is working efficiently and accurately;
- Coordinating communication with continuing and currently registered students;
- Supervising the evaluation of transfer records and working with department chairmen in resolving student transfer concerns;
- Working with the Academic Affairs Division to review and suggest changes to the academic calendar;
- Maintaining content of the Registrar webpages;
- Preparing annual reports, budget requests, statistics, and all other ad hoc requests;
- Attending/convening periodic meetings and attending conferences;
- All other duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate must possess a Master's degree and have at least 5 years of experience in an enrollment-related area at the managerial level or above. The successful candidate must also be an experienced leader with excellent management and communication skills and a record of increasing responsibility in a Registrar's office or related enrollment services area. Evidence of team building experience, the highest ethical standards, and knowledge of best practices regarding student record standards are required. Knowledge of and direct experience with a student information system, PeopleSoft, is preferred.
POSITION EFFECTIVE: The position will remain open until filled.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The starting salary is $86,001 plus excellent benefits.
TO APPLY: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire. You may send a resume, cover letter, and 3 references to: email@example.com. Please indicate "CODE: IHE" and “Registrar” in the subject line of the email or mail to: Director, Human Resources, Westchester Community College, Administration Building – Suite B42, 75 Grasslands Road, Valhalla, NY 10595; Fax: (914) 606-7838
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Priority will be given to applications received by August 11, 2017. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence, workforce development, economic development and lifelong learning.