General Maintenance Mechanic
invites applications for the position of:
General Maintenance Mechanic
$19.99 - $28.13 Hourly
$3,465.00 - $4,876.00 Monthly
Maintenance & Operations
07/26/17 11:59 PM
Under direction, perform a wide variety of maintenance and repair work on campus facilities and vehicles at the semi-skilled to skilled level; perform related duties as required.
• Hang and repair doors; repair and assemble furniture; adjust automatic openers; install and rekey locks.
• Check water and irrigation pipes for leaks and pressure; make repairs when necessary.
• Repair and maintain pumps, piping, gaskets, strainers, and filters in swimming pools; monitor and maintain correct chemical balance of water; change out air conditioning filters; monitor chemicals in the central plant.
• Perform preventative maintenance and minor repairs on gasoline and diesel motor vehicles, motorized gardening equipment, electric carts and wheelchairs; spot weld as necessary.
• Replace and repair plumbing fixtures.
• Build and repair items of wood such as partitions, counters, cabinets, shelves, frames, and scaffolds.
• Paint interior and exterior surfaces of buildings; scrape and sand surfaces; repair plaster and other wall surfaces.
• Replace window glass, light fixtures, and ballasts.
• Lay, regrout, or repair tile on floors, walls, or countertops; lay carpet.
• Coordinate work with and assist other maintenance workers as required
• Maintain inventory of supplies and equipment (light bulbs, florescent tubes, plugs, switches,
• Repair/replace 120-volt receptacles, switches, light ballasts, etc.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• One (1) year of job-related experience.
• Experience working in a related field
• Knowledge of:
1. Methods, tools, and equipment used in maintenance and repair.
2. Operations and servicing of gasoline and diesel motor vehicles, motorized gardening
equipment, electric carts, and wheelchairs.
3. Procedures used to paint and install flooring.
• Ability to:
1. Adapt to changing work priorities.
2. Meet deadlines and schedules.
• Demonstrated skill in:
1. Building and repairing partitions, counters, shelves, etc.
2. Painting and performing flooring work.
• Clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of a community college environment.
• Working hours: Monday through Friday, 7:00am - 4:00pm
• A valid California driver's license is required.
Chaffey College recently implemented an online electronic application system. Our new application can be accessed at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/chaffey. The application must be completely filled out in detail and clearly show that you meet the qualifications as set forth in the announcement, and you must upload the following documents:
Please do not include any additional documents; only the documents that are indicated below. If you upload documents that are not required, your application may be disqualified. Please do not submit letters of recommendation or documents that contain your photograph.
• Cover Letter
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a full-time, 12-month, classified bargaining unit position. Start date: as soon as possible. Range 15 of the CSEA Salary Schedule with starting salary of Step A, $3,465/month; progresses over time to $4,876/month.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW