Technology Infrastructure Team Leader
The Technology Infrastructure Team Leader oversees the College’s server, network, and telecommunications infrastructure, as well as technology disaster recovery processes. This includes daily maintenance and management of projects (implementation, migration, decommissioning, etc.) that support these systems, as well as implementing and maintaining appropriate security controls.
1. Manages all on premise, off site, and cloud-based technology and telecommunications infrastructure, virtual and physical, including wired and wireless networks, data centers, servers, and storage.
2. Evaluate performance of all systems under purview and make suggestions for improvements.
3. Patch and update servers and other infrastructure as part of a regularly scheduled maintenance program.
4. Regularly evaluate the security posture of all systems under purview and provide suggestions for improvement, then implement approved enhancements.
5. Participates in information security discussions, contributing ideas and suggestions.
6. Manages disaster recovery.
7. Collaborates with staff from Office of Information Systems and other campus offices as needed to provide education, training, and support for initiatives across campus.
8. Manage vendor relationships to ensure appropriate support and equipment are procured in the most cost effective manner.
Performs maintenance after-hours or on weekends, and other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
2. Experience with common protocols, including but not limited to: DNS, DHCP, SMTP, SNMP, HTTP, and BGP.
3. Experience with a wide range of Microsoft products, including Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, SQL Server, and backups.
4. Experience with server virtualization (preferably VMware) and cloud computing (Azure, Rackspace, AWS).
5. Network management experience including switch and firewall configuration, knowledge of VLANs and IP subnets, and log maintenance and monitoring.
6. Basic understanding of PBX systems (legacy and VoIP).
7. A collaborative attitude – openness to working regularly with people at many organizational levels and from many offices.
8. A willingness to continually grow and learn professionally from many sources.
Master's degree preferred.
Elmhurst College, an equal opportunity employer, seeks candidates with demonstrated ability to contribute positively to a multicultural campus community.