Associate Director of Human Resources
Coordinate HR policies and programs with emphasis on employee relations, training, performance management, benefits, HRIS, compensation and classification, and insuring that the organization is in full compliance with applicable laws and regulations. In addition, the position works closely with the director of human resources in developing, implementing and evaluating ongoing HR policies, programs, functions and activities.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee all benefits programs (includes open enrollment, Benefits Fair, etc.), including conducting analysis and serving as primary contact with providers/brokers for all benefits (including group health, life, LTD, dental, vision, unemployment, retirement plans, etc.).
- Assist the director of HR in the daily administration of other HR services as directed or assigned, including recruitment and selection, affirmative action/EEOcompliance, performance evaluation, and employee relations in accordance with University policies and practices and overall objectives of the organization.
- Develop, prepare, generate and analyze ongoing and ad-hoc special reports pertaining to employee personnel information and data, including issues such as benefits costs, turnover, absenteeism, recruitment, applicant tracking, affirmative action/EEO, government required reporting (including but not limited to 5500, 990, ACA 1094s and 1095s), etc. Effectively utilize the data processing system to obtain, store and analyze pertinent data and information.
- Maintain and expand knowledge and understanding of existing and proposed federal and state laws/regulations affecting human resource management. Identify trends that could affect organizational objectives and/or operational resources. Interpret appropriate laws and policies and advise management, employees and retirees accordingly.
- Responsible for website and internal documents.
- Plan and organize training for supervisors and staff as needed.
- Oversee University Child Care Center
- Conduct investigations as required.
- Oversee all departmental budgets.
- Serve on committees as assigned and needed.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred, in a human resource management or business related field.
Experience: 12-15 years of progressive HR experience preferably in higher education
Job Related Skills: Negotiating; project management; computer (Microsoft Office, etc.); Banner experience; employee relations; presentation ability; conflict resolution; time management.
Licenses/Certification: Prefer SHRM CP and SHRM SCP
The University of the South comprises a well-regarded College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and a distinguished School of Theology. It is an institution of the Episcopal Church that welcomes individuals of all backgrounds. The University is located on a striking, 13,000-acre campus on Tennessee’s Cumberland Plateau. The University of the South is an equal opportunity educational institution that is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive campus environment.