Associate or Professor, College of Nursing
The University of Kentucky College of Nursing invites qualified applicants for this full-time (12-month) tenure track position with primary teaching responsibilities in the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program in areas of expertise, including online or classroom instruction. Other responsibilities include supervision and monitoring of students in clinical settings; advising students in the DNP program and serving on DNP and PhD doctoral student committees in area of expertise; maintaining a record of scholarly productivity; clinical appointment at UK Healthcare or affiliated clinical partner; active involvement in university and college committees as well as service to the profession. The candidate must have a strong commitment to teaching, scholarship, practice and service. Academic rank and salary are commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Application materials should include the following:
• Cover letter
• Current Curriculum Vitae
• Three professional letters of recommendation (upload under Specific Request 1)
For questions regarding the submittal of application materials, contact UK Human Resources at UKJobs@email.uky.edu or call (859) 257-9555, option 2.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Questions regarding the position can be directed to Dr. Kristin Ashford, Chair, Faculty Search Committee, c/o Jackie Carbuccia at email@example.com
Associate or Professor, College of Nursing
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Doctorate in nursing from an accredited college or university, confirmed by an official transcript from the degree granting institution.
Required Related Experience
Experience in academic nursing with credentials for a clinical appointment, ideally one day a week, at UK Healthcare or an affiliated clinical partner. Certification as an advance practice nurse in one of the following specialties: acute care, primary care, psychiatric-mental health, or nurse executive with appropriate credentials and expertise. The preferred candidate will have the flexibility to meet the college's graduate student teaching and advising missions at both the Lexington and Louisville learning sites. Ideally, the candidate will have experience teaching including online and/or distance learning format; evidence of successful doctoral student mentorship including student scholarship; expertise in area of clinical specialty; evidence of excellence in clinical practice or leadership; evidence of scholarly productivity; credentials for an appointment at UK HealthCare and/or UK affiliate and potential to serve as coordinator of appropriate clinical specialty track.
Required License/ Registration/Certification
The successful candidate must be eligible for licensure in the state of Kentucky.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Doctorate in nursing with certification as an APRN. Experience in graduate level teaching in an online format and advising graduate students.
Open Untill Filled
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Academic Keys
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter
- Specific Request 1