Head Women’s Golf Coach
Nebraska Wesleyan University (NWU) is seeking candidates for a seasonal, part-time position to work as the Head Women’s Golf Coach. As the Head Coach, the incumbent will develop and oversee the administration of NWU’s competitive varsity golf program including all facets of the sport within the philosophy and policies of the university, conference, and national affiliates.
* Supervise scheduled practices and games for spring and fall season
* Schedule athletic events for golf while also organizing and supervising golf trips
* Develops department budget for golf, maintain records of all expenditures
* Actively recruit student athletes for the golf program: attend recruiting events, recruit evaluation, emails/mailings/phone calls, on campus visits. Provide recruiting reports for both the Athletic Director and Admissions Office.
* Work with the Head Athletic Trainer regarding the health of golf members.
* Monitor academic progress of student athletes and
* Build and provide individualized development plans for student-athletes which foster growth athletically, academically, and socially
* Assist in the coordination of all fundraising activities for the Women’s Golf program
* Bachelor's degree; or equivalent certification.
* Related experience coaching Women’s golf at the college or elite level clubs.
* Demonstrated expertise in all aspects of coaching student-athletes and a commitment to the highest ideals of leadership, sportsmanship and academics.
* Ability to coach and recruit highly skilled student-athletes.
* Demonstrated interpersonal skills and success in working with a variety of persons that will build strong, long-term relationships with team members, students and stakeholders.
* Must be able to multitask and manage several projects that may be ongoing during the same time.
* Have exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills to produce complete and accurate work and manage production activities.
* Demonstrated critical thinking, time management, and ability to troubleshoot complex issues.
* Be able to work with minimum supervision and handle pressure situations.
* Be flexible, able to prioritize tasks and meet scheduled and unscheduled deadlines.
Commitment to Diversity:
Nebraska Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to recruiting, hiring and retaining members of racial/ethnic groups under-represented in higher education. Applicants with disabilities are invited to identify any necessary accommodations required in the application process. E-Verify, EOE.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references to Maria Harder, Nebraska Wesleyan University, 5000 Saint Paul Avenue, Lincoln, NE 68504. Electronic submissions are strongly encouraged and should be sent to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.