Duties: The Program Coordinator works with Wharton Computing's Director of Communications to support the various roles the Communications team plays at Wharton Computing, including writing and editing letters and articles, running events, and supporting senior leadership. Responsibilities include supporting the communication aspects of technical projects, helping design and implement communications strategies, and applying brand standards. The position also requires collaborating with senior leadership on events ranging from small lunches to campus IT events and symposiums, and supporting select administrative needs of Wharton Computing.
In this position, you'll:
* craft and apply the Wharton Computing message using a variety of channels (e.g. email, social media, blogs), ensuring a consistent message, look, and feel across all communications.
* help develop and maintain processes for continuity of communication, procedural documentation, and technical documentation.
* work with technical staff to understand systems and functions with an eye to communicating with clients.
* coordinate Wharton Computing events and retreats.
* participate in the organization of Wharton- and Penn-wide IT-related events.
* develop and document event-related policies and procedures.
* perform miscellaneous administrative tasks for Senior Directors.
Applicants will need excellent communication and proofreading skills and an ability to work with multiple teams on multiple projects at once. Flexibility, discretion, and an upbeat, outgoing attitude are important, along with the ability to 'see the big picture'.
Qualifications: A Bachelor's Degree and 3 years to 5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Excellent writing and proofreading skills, organizational skills, and ability to multitask are essential. Need to be able to adjust priorities and tasks, sometimes on short notice, according to the needs of the organization. Strong ability to show initiative, work independently, function well in teams, and possess attention to detail. Interest in learning, or experience with, computing technologies is a plus.
Reference Number: 07-26315
Salary Grade: 026
Employment Type: Non-Exempt
Org: Wharton Computing and Instructional Technology (WCIT)
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: X-Secretarial/Administrative