Transfer Admissions Counselor
As part of an established and successful undergraduate recruitment team, the Transfer Admissions Counselor will work to promote the value of a Dominican education and recruit, evaluate, and admit transfer students, both domestic and international to the University to help meet enrollment goals.
Prospective Student Counseling
- Actively recruit prospective transfer students and provide the personal attention necessary for a smooth transition to Dominican.
- Develop a recruitment plan under the supervision of the Associate Director of Undergraduate Admissions to meet enrollment goals for fall and spring.
- Communicate with prospective students via phone, e-mail, counseling appointments, tours, and events. Use social media for events and visits.
- Work with department coordinators and faculty to determine a student’s program eligibility and meet the program’s enrollment targets.
- Possess working knowledge of articulation agreements between Dominican and community or junior colleges.
- Visit community colleges to promote Dominican and recruit students by giving presentations, speaking with students individually, and meeting with community college transfer coordinators, veteran’s counselors, and program coordinators.
- Represent Dominican at community college transfer days.
3. Develop strong working relationships with college counselors to update Dominican materials in office and increase referrals of students.
4. Coordinate all aspects of travel including scheduling, transportation, and accommodations.
5. Overnight travel may be required during the year. Evening and weekend hours will be required throughout the year.
1. Review student files including transcripts, essays, applications, and letters of recommendation for evaluation purposes.
2. Follow up with applicants to complete files and update necessary information.
1. Assist in managing communication flow with students by preparing letters, putting packets together, reception back-up, data entry, tracking documents, etc.
2. Provide excellent customer service with students and families, transfer counselors, staff, and faculty through email, phone, and in-person interactions.
3. Enter and track information in database to manage territory recruitment.
4. Meet regularly with supervisor and team members to ensure clear communication within the office.
5. Send weekly reports on territory and project management to supervisor to track progress throughout the year.
1. Assist in coordination of recruitment events such as open houses and receptions.
2. Attend recruitment events on and off campus to interact with prospective students and their families.
1. Participate in and lead ongoing admissions office projects such as alumni programs, publications, electronic recruitment, and events.
2. Develop and maintain appropriate manuals for program management.
3. Coordinate with the Asst. VP of Enrollment Management and the Registrar to develop and maintain transfer articulation agreements from area community colleges and feeder schools.
4. Assist in research related to domestic and international recruitment strategies and outreach planning.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Current driver’s license and satisfactory driving record required and must be maintained
- Must be willing to consent to background investigation
- Must be able to rent automobiles
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
- Ability to work independently and manage timelines in deadline and goal driven environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deliver presentations to diverse constituencies
- Proficient computer literacy; ability to use technology and learn new systems.
- Project and event management skills
- Bi-lingual in Spanish
- Experience with transfer and/or adult populations
Additional Position Information
- Open until filled
- Must be willing to consent to a background check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:10 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 16, with a small-town feeling in a park- like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
- A cover letter is required
- Compile resume/CV and cover letter in one pdf document and upload in the Resume/CV section
- For further questions on the application process, please contact email@example.com
- Link to apply: https://dominican.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/careers
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment. We are committed in thought, word, and deed to recruiting and retaining a workforce that values the diversity of its student body. The University actively promotes an institutional culture that practices equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of all under-represented groups in higher education.