Office Assistant 3-Corporate & Continuing Education
Position type: Full-time Classified, 40 hours per week, overtime eligible permanent position.
Salary: $2,313 - $2,984/month; Range 31
Opens: July 10, 2017
Closes: July 27, 2017
Location: SPSCC Lacey Campus, Lacey, WA
South Puget Sound Community College seeks a highly enthusiastic, motivated and qualified individual for the position of Office Assistant 3 in the Corporate and Continuing Education division. Whether you're training for a new career, adding to your current job skills or just interested in learning something new, we have classes for everyone. Each year over 7,000 students take classes covering a wide range of topics and are delivered in a variety of ways such as short workshops, quarter-long classes, online, at the college, or at their business.
This position provides customer service for non-credit participants and program support for the administration of corporate and continuing education programs, which provide training for the needs of the South Sound region in job skill enhancement, career readiness, and personal enrichment. Hours of work: Monday – Friday, 10:00am-7:00pm
Serve as Registration Lead for Corporate and Continuing Education
- Perform all tasks associated with registering self-support students.
- Search for and match correct SID numbers of current students, working with Enrollment Services to receive new SID numbers; assign quarterly PIN’s.
- Assist registrants, answering questions related to registration or classes offered, triaging to Program Managers/Directors when appropriate.
- Data input in appropriate system, spreadsheet, or database.
- Receive and process payments, includes troubleshooting and solving errors or other registration issues.
- Dropping students and processing refunds, including interpreting and enforcing the cancellation policy.
- Create and maintain spreadsheets for fiscal tracking and reconciliation.
- Establish and maintain file system for fiscal and registration documentation and programs that do not follow typical processes.
- Work closely with fiscal staff to ensure timely processing of invoices, payments and refunds.
- Monitor CE Outlook box on a daily basis; monitor waitlists.
- Update weekly enrollment of all CCE classes in TRAIN and tracking spreadsheets
- Print calendar for weekly operation meeting and update as directed.
- Make participant cancellation calls and transfer participants to appropriate class as needed.
- Email class confirmations and make class confirmation phone calls
- Reconcile HP/CampusCE and TRAIN
Program and Campus Support
- Prepare receipt of check payments for cashier processing tracking, using appropriate fee codes and budget codes.
- Prepare daily bank deposit for pickup: Prepare daily balance sheets and bank bag; monitor reports for voids and over/short; route necessary paperwork to business office; follow audit guidelines for preparation, processing and file maintenance; work with staff for follow-up and resolution of errors.
- Assist with data entry of courses and special events in Course Management Systems and cross reference for accuracy; check website for accuracy.
- Support Professional Training program with exit coding for certificate completion and Worker Retraining programs.
- Provide coverage of Lacey Campus reception daily during lunch hour and evening campus duties; provide additional coverage as needed.
- Act as liaison for instructors and custodial services for evening non-credit classes and events including questions regarding class paperwork, enrollment issues and room setups; provide general campus information and support.
- Turn on registration quarterly in CampusCE.
- Provide back-up for all duties of support staff positions when needed as directed by supervisor/Administration or coverage flow charts.
- Under the direction of supervisor or program directors, carry out social media and email marketing plans.
- Provide clerical and technical support, including: composing and proofing office correspondence; preparing materials; checking quarterly brochure and date systems for accuracy.
SPSCC Employee Development Program Coordination
- Serve as contact for registration requests.
- Monitor enrollment levels, notify employee participant of the status of space availability.
- Create employee section for desired class in CampusCE, HP and tracking spreadsheets.
- Register employee participant, coordinate billing with Human Resource Office, and confirm registration with participant.
Lacey Campus Testing – Proctor Coverage
- Act as backup proctor for testing services offered at Lacey; obtain required certifications and ensure they are current.
Attend Meetings and Conferences
- Attend weekly operations meetings and play an important role in recognizing and finding potential issues and solutions.
- High school graduation or equivalent, AND two years of clerical experience OR equivalent education/experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to high-level customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including good listening skills.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks, work under pressure, meet deadlines and accommodate numerous interruptions while performing multiple tasks.
- Ability to communicate and present oneself in a professional manner.
- Ability to work well with others and function as a team member.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations, solving problems and making decisions.
- Strong aptitude for attention to detail and accuracy of information
- Advanced knowledge of computers and software applications, specifically MS Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, Excel).
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse population of students, faculty, administrators and support staff in accomplishing tasks.
Your application and these questions will be used to evaluate your qualifications. You must complete these questions to be considered for the position. Please answer the following questions on a separate sheet of paper. You may type or write your answers but they must be clear and legible.
- What interests you in this position and how do you think your prior experiences and interests prepare you for it?
- What is your vision of customer service in a position like this in an institution of higher education?
- Please list your intermediate or advanced skill level in the following Microsoft applications, and describe some of the functions that you have utilized them for:
- Other software or database applications you have used.
- Please describe how you will contribute to the diversity of this campus.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may apply by submitting the following items:
- Completed SPSCC Employment Application
- Letter of formal application that specifically addresses your ability to perform the responsibilities and competencies described in this announcement.
- Resume of all educational and professional experience that demonstrates how you meet the minimum qualifications.
- Completed Supplemental Questions.
Send application materials via one of the delivery methods below- email is preferred:
Fax: (360) 596-5706
Human Resource Office
South Puget Sound Community College
2011 Mottman Road SW
Olympia, WA 98512
Applications received by the closing date may be used to fill similar vacancies which may occur over the next six months.
Apply for Office Assistant 3-Corporate & Continuing Education
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly