Access Services Coordinator
Reporting to the Head of Access Services, the Access Services Coordinator provides in-person, email, and phone assistance to patrons for library resources, facilities, and services; answers general technical questions; and helps maintain the organization of library materials and facilities. This person keeps other departments informed about day to day procedures and issues, and acts as the main contact on campus during evening and/or weekend hours, if assigned to that shift. They may also manage a component of Access Services, such as reserves, interlibrary loan, information desk, or student training. This is a part-time, hourly position and the hours for this position may include night and weekend hours, sometimes working as late as 12:45 AM.
- Responsible for the operation of the Access Services Department when the Manager or other Access Services Coordinators are absent.
- Acts as the main campus contact during evening and weekend shifts, if assigned.
- Provides assistance to patrons requesting library materials, services or information.
- Checks out, or supervises the checking out, of print and non-print library materials following established procedures and using the automated circulation module.
- Oversees the proper re-shelving of library materials by student employees.
- Provides access to the computer lab, the gallery, and classroom and conference facilities, resolving problems and responding to emergencies related to these facilities.
- Supervises and performs routine functions in the Innovative Interfaces Circulation. Module, and perform routine maintenance on Library equipment (e.g., copiers, printers, microfilm readers).
- Assists the Access Services Manager in hiring, training and scheduling student employees.
- Secures Library cash receipts.
- Opens, closes and secures the Library facility.
- Jointly, with other Access Services Coordinators, oversees reservation and minimal trouble-shooting of audio-visual equipment and laptop computers requested by faculty.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or three years experience in a library
- Familiarity with academic library setting
- Ability to troubleshoot basic technology questions
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form
- Familiarity with library OPACs, Sierra, and/or library resource management software
- Comfortable using current word processing, spreadsheet, and searching databases
- Ability to manage time and workload independently
- Uses creative problem solving and logic
- Supervisory experience.
- Willingness to seek additional training to stay aware of changes in field
- Experience with Sierra/Interlibrary Loans/Reserves/Cataloging module
Additional Position Information
- Priority will be given to applications submitted by July 14, 2017; however additional applications may be considered until the position is filled
- Must be willing to consent to a background check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:10 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 16, with a small-town feeling in a park- like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
- Link to apply: https://dominican.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/careers
- A cover letter is required
- Compile resume/CV and cover letter in one pdf document and upload in the Resume/CV section
- For further questions on the application process, please contact email@example.com
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment. We are committed in thought, word, and deed to recruiting and retaining a workforce that values the diversity of its student body. The University actively promotes an institutional culture that practices equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of all under-represented groups in higher education.