Director of Student Health Center
Director of Student Health Center
University of Redlands
POSITION CODE: 3802
DEPARTMENT: Student Life
MONTHS/HOURS: 10 month position/40 hours per week, off mid June to mid August
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience
AVAILABLE: August 14, 2017
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 Months
POSTING DATE: June 16, 2017
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
Under general supervision, provides high quality, accessible primary health care to the University of Redlands students and to enhance the educational process by modifying or removing health-related barriers to personal development and learning.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide health care for University of Redlands students including but not limited to sport physicals, CPR and emergency first aid; and preventive, curative, and rehabilitative medical care following standardized nurse practitioner procedures.
• Coordinates case management of patients including, but not limited to referral to specialties and hospital emergency rooms and follow-up as appropriate.
• Develops and implements nursing and health center procedures and protocols.
• Maintains extensive medical documentation for verification of appropriate care.
• Order and interpret diagnostic tests including though not limited to TB screening, urine analysis, mono spot, rapid strep, pregnancy, throat cultures, wound cultures, PAP, STD testing, urine for drug screening, ultrasounds, and x-rays.
• Instructs and counsels patients regarding prescription medications, birth control, pregnancy, STD's, substance abuse, eating disorders, sports related injuries, and other related health and wellness topics.
• Coordinates, develops and supervises research activities.
• Supervises physician, nurses and administrative support staff in regards to compliance with university and health center protocols, policies and procedures.
• Maintains current information and trends in the field of college health care.
• Provides prevention, health promotion, and education service that enable students to take full advantage of their academic experience.
• Experience with electronic medical records: PyraMED.
• Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
Current/valid California Nursing Practitioner License. Diploma related to professional licensure - Masters preferred. California transmitting number and/or DEA number for controlled substances. Basic/current Cardiac Life Support recognition (CPR). Adult, family practice and psychiatric care experience. A minimum of three (3) years experience. Successful candidate must be able to strategically plan, work independently, handle multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously, successfully motivate others. Must be committed as a team player, including the ability to engage in cooperative problem solving; successful at initiating, executing and following up on projects, including the ability to set specific and measurable results. A willingness to work non-traditional hours is essential. Successful candidate will possess strong management and interpersonal skills. Substantive knowledge of and strong interest in the health issues of college students a must. Successful candidate will have experience using the Internet and be competent in a variety of Windows-based computer programs including MS Word and Excel. Must be able to competently and collaboratively interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909-748-8040.
Submit a University of Redlands Administrator application form at https://myredlandsapps.redlands.edu/HRAdministratorEmployment/
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 909/748-8040 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER