Alumni and Parent Relations Coordinator
Thank you for considering Curry College in your search.
About Curry College:
Founded in 1879, Curry College is a private, four-year, liberal arts-based institution located on a wooded 131-acre campus in Milton, MA just seven miles from downtown Boston. Accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), Curry College offers 24 undergraduate majors, over 60 minors and concentrations, as well as four graduate programs.
Curry College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in every aspect of its operations. The College values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty and staff from a variety of backgrounds. Curry College is an equal opportunity employer that encourages diversity in the workplace.
Curry College invites applications for a full-time Alumni and Parent Relations Coordinator. The Alumni and Parent Relations Coordinator is responsible for the development, implementation and growth of all alumni and parent relations programs in support of the College. Programs include special events and volunteer opportunities to engage alumni and parents in the life of the College.
- Administer the development, implementation, and growth of alumni and parent events, including but not limited to Homecoming, regional social gatherings and special functions targeted to specific alumni and parent audiences. Develop innovative ways to engage or reconnect alumni and parents to the College.
- Actively participates and assists with other college events including but not limited to athletic events, reunions, career development events, admissions receptions, Commencement, etc.
- Shared oversight responsibility, with the guidance from the Senior Advancement Officer, for the engagement of alumni and parents in volunteer positions that impact fundraising, communications, event management and alumni & parent relations.
- Shared coordination with the Senior Advancement Officer with alumni and parent involvement in the Admissions process including but not limited to receptions, fairs, interviewing and recruitment, Career Development events, including soliciting volunteer speakers, contacts, etc.
- Shared oversight responsibility, with the guidance from the Senior Advancement Officer, for the recruitment and activation of the College’s Young Alumni Council and Parents Council to meet the College’s philanthropic goals.
- Generates relevant content for alumni and parent audiences to increase engagement and promote the College’s alumni and parent activities, events, programs, and services.
- Communicate with constituents using various digital and print media and channels such as the website, social media accounts, intranet portal, and e-newsletters.
- Maintains relationships with a portfolio of approximately 150 alumni and parent prospects.
- Responsible for conducting 20 personal visits with alumni and parents monthly.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A minimum of three years of constituent relations experience in a similar role including event planning, volunteer management, or fundraising; three to five years’ experience in a non-profit or higher education organization preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, specifically the ability to work with groups and organizations, both internal and external to the College.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple tasks, adapt to changing priorities, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Intermediate proficiency with digital communication tools.
- Ability to manage and motivate volunteers.
- Ability to travel.
- Valid Driver’s License and good driving record.
At the College’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the College, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks, including a credit history check.
Please apply online at: http://www.curry.edu/about-curry/employment/job-opportunities.html for consideration. Interested Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information and professional titles.