Financial Reporting Accountant 498653
Financial Reporting Accountant 498653
Position Type: Staff
Position Number: 498653
Department: Development Dept
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Primary responsibility is the management all gifts received by the Foundation including proper documentation, coding and data entry. Also responsible for reviewing and managing disbursement requests related to the accounts and funds managed by the Foundation. At the direction and under the supervision of the Foundation Director works with the Foundation CPA to manage month end reconciliations and produce month end accounting reports. Assists Foundation Director with review and adherence to Foundation operating budget. The position also coordinates with the Lamar University Finance and Scholarship Offices to ensure timely scholarship and other disbursements to the University. Works directly with University faculty/account managers in management the required documentation for Foundation managed account disbursements.
Maintains and protects confidential information, avoids disclosure of confidential donor information and is able to work with University account managers, donors, and others with professionalism and tact. The position requires a high degree of reasoning and problem solving, as well as experience and working knowledge of general accounting principles. Computer experience including word processing and excel spreadsheet generation is required and proficiency will be tested. Experience with Millennium software and MIP accounting software preferred. A bachelor's degree is required with a minimum of 2 years direct accounting experience.
Position will coordinate with University Development staff in preparation of annual financial reporting to donors.
Work is performed under minimal supervision, and at the direction of the Foundation Director. Job performance is evaluated by the Director of the Lamar University Foundation.
Minimum 2 years experience with Millennium software
Minimum 1 year experience with MIP accounting software
Examples of Work Performed:
General Qualification Requirements:
Minimum 2 years accounting experience
A bachelor’s degree is required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge and ability of basic accounting procedures
• Ability to interface in person and by phone in a professional manner
• Ability to manage multiple priorities
• Skill in working with personal computers with extensive knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software - proficiency will be tested
o Millennium software and MIP accounting software experience a plus
• Working knowledge of usual office equipment - copier, fax, etc.
• Working knowledge of business terminology, good spelling, grammar, and math skills
• Ability to prepare effective office memos, compose letters and generate routine business correspondence
• Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions
• Ability to maintain records and prepare reports
• Good typing skills
• Manual dexterity to type and operate various office machines
• Ability to hear phone ring and talk with donors in person and on the telephone
• Ability to manage several projects at once while effectively completing assigned work
• Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
• Able to drive an automobile to run errands, pick up supplies and deliver mail to post office
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas SB 805, Section 657.003.
Security Sensitive Statement:
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
Posting Date: 07/10/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
To apply, visit https://jobs.lamar.edu/.
Lamar University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Lamar University not to discriminate on the basis of non-relevant criteria including, but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status in its educational programs, activities, admissions or employment practices.