Senior Quality Technician
COMP Performance Group, the leader in automotive performance products, is looking to add a Senior Quality Technician to our expanding team. If you meet the below qualifications and are looking for a career opportunity with a stable, progressive company - this may be the opportunity for you.
The Senior Quality Technician is responsible for the overall Quality Assurance activities, including evaluating the supplier product, internal product, and processes to ensure product meets COMP Performance Group expectations, assist with monitoring supplier performance, administering appropriate actions where and when necessary, and improvement programs, and assist with communicating supplier status to the COMP Performance Group Management Team. Ensure products are produced per the Quality Management System and meets required specifications.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist with developing and maintain Incoming Inspection Plans.
- Coordinating and conduct the incoming inspection activity.
- Issue Quality Alerts in case of non-conformance.
- Measure and analyze product trials and prepare reports for management review.
- In-Process and First Article Inspection ensuring inspections & manufacturing documentation is completed appropriately.
- Execute corrective and preventive actions.
- Maintain calibration system.
- Drive continuous quality improvement in conjunction with Engineering, Quality Engineer and operations.
- Have a fundamental understanding of quality philosophies, principles, systems, methods, tools, standards, organizational and team dynamics, customer expectations and satisfaction supplier relations and performance, leadership training, interpersonal relationships, improvement systems, and professional ethics.
- Works with Warranty and suppliers to reduce warranty costs.
- Assist with APQP activities and support in development of PFMEA's and control plans.
- Assist with the development and provide customers with FMEA, Control Plans, PPAP, and APQP.
- Support quality improvement initiatives at COMP Cams.
- Assist with Control Plan Audits, and assessment Audits both internally and at Supplier's facility.
- Internal Auditor for ISO
- 5 years of related experience in manufacturing with advanced technical training
- Minimum 3-5 years of proven progressive experience in Quality Assurance, auditing and investigation
- Desire a minimum of 3-5 years' experience in Quality Assurance or Quality Control profession
- Desire at least 2 years or more experience spent in direct Quality Management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High performance teams and a strong team player.
Education And Experience
- Demonstrate knowledge of inspection and quality control methods, techniques and equipment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of use of a wide variety of measuring instruments and product schematics including blue prints and bills of materials.
- Prefer experience in metrology, calibration and gage R&R techniques.
- Working Knowledge of PPAP; SPC; APQP; FMEA; Control Plans; MSA; ISO 9001:2008; Six Sigma;
- Have working knowledge of statistical analysis, designed experiments and computers including word processing, spreadsheets, data management and statistical software.
- Possess attention to detail.
- Show ability for problem analysis and problem resolution.
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Interact successfully in high performance team and be a strong team player.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong visual acuity and the ability to judge slight variation in product
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Have proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Oracle products or equivalent system
Competitive compensation (commensurate with experience) and benefits are provided. Benefits for full-time employees include medical insurance, paid vacations/holidays and company match 401K.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check required. This position will work between our Memphis, TN, Olive Branch, MS and Ashland, MS facilities.
No phone calls please.
The COMP Performance Group is the parent company of leading performance automotive brands such as COMP Cams, TCI Automotive, FAST, ZEX Nitrous, Racing Head Service, Quarter Master and more. For additional information about our brands and their products visit www.compperformancegroup.com.
Mon, 10 Jul 2017 09:31:52 PDT