Mechanical Design Engineer
Allied is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer at our Rancho Dominguez, California headquarters. The engineer will be working with a team of mechanical, electrical and materials engineers to research and design mechanical and electro-mechanical products and systems. This position is "hands-on", and will be directly responsible for the full "art-to-part" development cycle: from concept to design; prototype; build and test.
Job Duties and Requirements:
- Thorough knowledge of SolidWorks 3D modeling.
- Project management skills; thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Experience in small machine design. Specifying bearings, bushings, motors, drive systems, and fasteners is a plus.
- Background in machining and machine shop procedures is a plus.
- Electrical knowledge is a plus.
- Able to resolve problems encountered by manufacturing.
- Provide manufacturing with bills of materials, assembly drawings and detailed prints required for machining and assembly.
- Participate in and/or lead activities that promote continuous improvement.
- A self-starter, organized and team-oriented.
- A track record of on-time, design excellence.
- BS or higher in Mechanical Engineering.
Allied High Tech Products, Inc. is a leading manufacturer and global distributor of equipment for failure analysis, materials characterization and materials research. We are known around the world for outstanding design, excellent product quality and superior customer service.
* Competitive salary based upon credentials and experience
* Outstanding benefits and a great work environment
* Great career opportunities at a quickly growing high-tech company
* An exciting opportunity to expand your knowledge, grow and be creative.
Allied High Tech Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age or disability.
Long Beach, CA
Mon, 10 Jul 2017 16:59:29 PDT