Print Production Assistant (Temporary) - Campus Auxiliaries
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
This position is responsible for assisting in the production and finishing of orders specified by clients/customers, by using department equipment resources. Set up, adjust, monitor, and operated equipment in accordance with Azusa Pacific University policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma, Bachelor's Degree in Graphics Design/ and or related reproduction field.
- Two/Four years experience operating various high volume xerographic and finishing equipment.
- Set up and productively operate a variety of equipment.
- Assists supervisor with projects using equipment.
- Assists supervisor with the daily prioritizing of projects to ensure quality and time efficiency.
- Setup, adjust, and perform calibrations on bindery equipment to assure quality during production.
- Identify equipment problems perform routine and required maintenance by following approved maintenance procedures from technician.
- Load paper and equipment consumables .i.e., staples, etc.
- Operates POS, ensures quality control for completed orders, follows opening and closing procedures, and accounts for sales by using log journals.
- Maintain paper and plastics recycling program for work area.
- Report problems to supervisor as appropriate, and in a timely manner.
- Maintain security and confidentiality of material and information processed.
- Keep work areas neat and clean.
- Observe all safety policies and procedures.
- Improve skills by learning from others and studying written procedures and instructions.
- Maintain a cooperative, personable, courteous, and communicative relationship with co-workers and the campus community.
- Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Experience and able to operate a computer in a network environment, using both specialized applications as well as standard administrative applications such as g-mail, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Cloud products.
- Must have knowledge and experience in operating finishing equipment, i.e. Paper cutter, Duplo booklet system, Duplo DC-645 and wide format.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.