Automotive Service Center Manager
General Managers own the overall guest experience and oversee all operations at our auto maintenance stores. This includes creating an environment of accountability and increasing sales, controlling costs, managing profitability, satisfying guests, training and developing Teammates, maintaining the appearance of the facilities, protecting the assets of the company and ensuring that proper operational procedures are followed.
General Manager Responsibilities
The General Manager is expected to meet company goals by providing clear direction and setting a positive example for attitude, professionalism, and work ethic. General Manager duties include:
- Provide store-level leadership to Teammates through coaching, training, scheduling and performance management
- Manage the financial health of the store through sales, proper inventory/cash controls, store-level marketing, guest satisfaction and full Profit & Loss responsibility
- Build and develop a winning team through the use of recruiting tools, sound interview techniques and retention strategies
- Create Teammate work schedules, ensuring proper coverage and business needs are met
- Set the example for exceptional guest service, to include appropriate resolution of guest complaints
- Ensure the building, equipment and grounds are well maintained
General Manager Qualifications
- 3+ years of retail management experience (or auto manager) , must have at least basic mechanical knowledge- certifications are a plus
- Must have experience with and driven results for a profit and loss center
- Must be able to motivate and inspire Teammates
- Communicate effectively with our guests and at all levels within the organization
- Must be willing and able to comply with all relevant regulatory and compliance standards
- Trust- Ability to build trust with all Teammates
- Decision Making - Ability to confidently make decisions.
- Impact - Ability to have immediate sales impact by leading and inspiring others
- Leading Through Vision and Values
To effectively perform the duties of a General Manager, you must be able to stand on your feet on hard surfaces, like concrete or metal. Expect to work in an environment in which you may frequently experience hot and cold temperatures, loud noises and exhaust fumes. Other physical qualifications for a General Manager include:
- Must be able to operate equipment such as overhead and floor mounted oil and grease guns, transmission machine, air conditioner service machine, radiator service machine, hand tools and basic office equipment
- Must be able to lift and move work-related items up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to push, pull, pull up, bend at the knees and waist, twist body at the waist, raise and hold arms overhead, turn head-neck-shoulders as needed, grasp and hold tools and other items with hands
- Have a valid driver's license and be able to drive vehicles
Jiffy Lube is a leading provider of automotive preventive maintenance. With a national footprint of more than 2,000 franchisee owned service centers across the country, Jiffy Lube offers a range of services from oil changes and tire rotations, to everything in between.
Jiffy Lube technicians are not just highly trained in preventive maintenance, they are also highly trained in customer service. So if you have any questions about vehicle maintenance or the services performed at any Jiffy Lube service center, your technician will help you find the resources and information you need, whether it's in-store, online or by accessing your vehicle manufacturers recommendations. It's just another way Jiffy Lube strives each and every day to help you Leave Worry Behind .
Mon, 10 Jul 2017 09:28:27 PDT