Cook II - Dining Services (S338)
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
Responsible for all items prepared in the kitchen of a foodservice establishment. Portions and prepares food items prior to cooking as well as cooking items. Responsible for maintaining a sanitary kitchen work station.
- High School diploma
- ServSafe Certification
- Minimum 3 years professional cooking experience required, including: thickening techniques, soup and sauce classification and production, sauté, stir fry, deep frying, grilling, broiling, roasting, steaming, braising & stewing, cold food production, and food presentation and garnishing standards.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- High volume food preparation and cooking, following established recipes and production system.
- Maintain production and usage records as required.
- Maintain high sanitary, hygienic, and safety standards and conditions, adhering to HACCP & LA Dept. of Health guidelines. Includes cleanliness & maintenance of kitchen & equipment.
- Directs work assignments of support staff in cooks' area in absence of Cook I.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service at all times.
- General cleaning and other food service duties as requested by management.
- Maintains compliance with APU mission, vision, positional statements and other policies and procedures.
- Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.