Executive Assistant to the President
Responsible for the daily operation of the President’s Office. Serves on President’s Cabinet and Administrative Council, manages president’s schedule, supervises staff, manages day-to-day work flow to allow the president to focus on key priorities, delegates appropriate projects to departments, communicates with campus constituencies on behalf of the president, writes reports and develops presentations, oversees record retention and the president’s office budget, and performs special projects as assigned. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree, proficiency in all applications of Microsoft Office, high level of organizational, written and verbal communication skills, able to interface with all constituents and maintain a high confidentiality level. Elmhurst College, an equal opportunity employer, seeks candidates with demonstrated ability to contribute positively to a multicultural campus community.
1. Manages work flow making it possible for president to focus on key priorities.
2. Distributes work that does not require the president’s attention to other personnel (frequently Cabinet members).
3. Assists the president in developing agendas for Cabinet, Administrative Council and Advisory Council meetings.
4. Manages the president’s schedule.
5. Communicate with campus constituencies on behalf of the president.
6. Maintains a high level of customer service with all who interact with the Office of the President, and ensures follow through.
7. Writes reports and develops presentations.
8. Writes, reviews and approves reports for outside constituencies.
9. Oversees record retention and archival of appropriate information.
10. Maintains budgetary oversight for specific cost centers.
11. Responsible for continuous training opportunities and professional development of the staff in the Office of the President.
12. Performs annual review of the Assistant to the Board of Trustees.
13. Performs special projects.
Other duties and responsibilities:
1. Act as a sounding board for the president, offering ideas and suggestions when asked.
2. Serves on committees and task forces as requested by the president.
3. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree.
2. Excellent computer skills – Microsoft Office.
3. Ability to articulate complex questions and answers.
4. Excellent organizational skills.
5. Ability to graciously communicate and interface with all constituents.
6. A self-starter.
Five years progressive Executive Assistant experience.