Student Affairs Coordinator (Temporary) - Grad Student Affairs
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The Student Affairs Coordinator under the direction of the Associate Director of Graduate and Professional Student Affairs The student affairs coordinator will be responsible for coordination of the Graduate and Professional Diversity Caucus and student organization registration. This position will also support the graduate and professional student government. The graduate assistant will assist with day to day tasks of the Student Affairs department. The graduate assistant will participate in weekly department meetings and division wide professional development. Occasionally, this position will assist in research and proposal writing for graduate and professional initiative.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Master's Degree preferred (or in progress)
- 1-2 years of related experience working with college student preferred.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Support the Associate Director in the day-to-day operations of the graduate and professional student government
- Coordinate the Graduate and Professional Diversity Caucus
- Support students in navigating the Graduate and Professional Catalog and the Standards of Conduct
- Provide student perspective feedback on marketing campaigns
- Responsible for the coordination, marketing, and registration of new and returning student organizations.
- Support the associate director in the day-to-day operations of Graduate and Professional recognized student organizations.
- Maintain and update student discount information
- Maintain and update community resources guide for Azusa and regional campuses
- Present Student Affairs information to Professional program orientations
- Respond to phone calls and emails to Graduate and Professional Student Affairs
- Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Ability to understand and interpret policies, rules and regulations.
- Capacity to multi-task complex assignments in a fast paced environment.
- Capability to use technology to accomplish responsibilities.
- Possess strong interpersonal, organizational and conflict management skills.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Capacity to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, faculty, staff, administrators
- High level of intercultural competence and experience
- Writing and reporting skills at a professional level
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage details and follow through.
- Must be collaborative and an effective team member and team builder.
- In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
- Requires repetitive motion and sitting at computer keyboard.
- Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
- Meetings may require walking and/or driving to various University locations.
- Ability to pull, push, bend, grasp, reach and lift up to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to climb stairs multiple times in a work day.
- Computer monitor and reading.
- Pleasant office setting, comfortable temperature.
- Proficient in Google Apps., Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.