International Enrollment Counselor - Int'l Enrollment Services
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
International Enrollment Counselor at International Enrollment Services serves to develop and implement international student recruitment as well as admission counseling for any level of studies. This position's focus is domestic recruitment and undergraduate, and providing support for graduate recruitment.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred
- Two to three years of higher education recruitment experience
- Cross cultural experience
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Participate in the development and implementation of current marketing initiatives to increase international student enrollment
- Serve as primary point of contact and customer service representative to prospective international students, providing consistent, accurate and timely information about APU and its degree programs.
- Creates and refines new and existing multi-media recruitment tools for international marketing purpose.
- Meet inquiry-to-applicant, and applicant-to-admitted yield goals.
- Provide basic financial aid information to prospective international as well as TCK students.
- Represent and promote APU at various professional school fairs, conferences, public relations events, and other internal and external promotional activities relevant to international student recruitment.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with support staff, faculty, directors, and department chairs of the programs represented to enhance quality customer service, and advance departmental enrollment goals.
- Utilize the APU student data base system to run reports as needed and to daily document student contact and interactions.
- Responsible to pre-register newly admitted students for each term and communicate with them.
- Be a liaison to staff members of One Stop and help them become equipped to serve internationals more efficiently.
- Collaborates in managing content, inquiries, and relationships for marketing vendors and social media sites.
- Researches best practices for international admissions process, recruiting, including use of agents, and build collaboration with nearby schools
- Travel locally and regionally for recruitment, and possibly internationally.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the director / assistant director.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.