"As Needed" Part-time Instructor of Nursing (RN-BSN online)
Job Description Summary
This part-time faculty position is in an on-line Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree completion program. Reporting to the department chair, the faculty member’s primary responsibility is preparing for and delivering instruction and the monitoring of course materials and requirements.
Georgia Highlands is a growing and progressive institution with opportunities for the individual selected to grow with us. With a focus on employee wellness and development, the culture is warm and embracing, while the work is fast paced and challenging.
This is an excellent opportunity to impact the lives of literally thousands of students and their families.
• Doctoral degree in discipline or related field is required
• Master’s degree in Nursing or Nursing Education is required
• Experience using computer technology is required
• Clinical or teaching experience in Nursing Leadership. Research, Informatics
• Adopts and implements common course objectives as required by the division and discipline
• Manages courses through systematic use of appropriate syllabi. Maintains accurate, professional records of students’ class performance, and grades
•Appropriate online office hours are needed
•Engages in functions of evidence-based academic and program assessment, as required for accreditation, college compliance, and continuous review and improvement of student learning outcomes
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Possession of a valid nursing license in the state of Georgia
• Online teaching experience highly preferred
• Ability to utilize integrated learning platforms such D2L, Blackboard, etc
• Knowledge and experience with curriculum development/revision, course development, academic evaluation of program and students, and general teaching/nursing theory
• Experience sufficient to understand and employ the appropriate use of online and in-class instructional technology
Special Instructions To Applicants
Attach a copy of active GA nursing license. Attach unofficial transcripts with the application. Official transcripts will be required upon offer of employment. A background check will be required prior to employment.
Priority Deadline is July 21, 2017
Applications will be screened as received.