PURCHASING MANAGER (Classic Car Restoration)
*** PURCHASING MANAGER ***
Hours: Mon - Friday 8:00-5:00;
Status: Fulltime / Salary / Exempt
Ideal Candidate: Has strong leadership capabilities; can gather and analyze data, and develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies
• 7+ years hands-on experience in purchasing, preferably in a manufacturing/automotive environment
• Minimum 5 years managerial experience leading a Purchasing Team
• Above average understanding of manufacturing and warehouse operations
• Knowledge of Supply Chain Management
• Experience with MRP/ERP systems, production planning and inventory control
• Ability to implement and administer purchasing operating standards and procedures
• Familiar with labor law compliance regarding Hiring, Discipline and Termination
• Solid judgement along with decision making, and follow-through skills
• Must be accurate, detailed-oriented and have excellent problem solving skills
• Able to work in a fast-paced, team oriented environment
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Experience in updating operating systems and software implementation and conversion a PLUS!
• Oversee overall procurement, purchase orders and coordination of raw materials and component deliveries
• Support manufacturing production schedules by monitoring and forecasting upcoming levels of demand
• Collaborate with inventory control and sales to develop metrics for gauging inventory level needs and then maintaining those levels throughout the year
• Manage Purchasing Department staff: Attendance, Goals, Accountability, Coaching, Training, Performance Evaluations
• Establish goals for each member of the Purchasing team
• Ensure that all purchasing agents/buyers are meeting department performance standards
• Communication with suppliers to ensure delivery schedule, cost, order maintenance etc
• Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
• Forecast price and market trends
• Assess, manage and mitigate risks
• Prepare reports regarding delivery schedules and merchandise costs.
Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or equivalent professional qualification
APICS Certification preferred
Lean Manufacturing a plus
*** A Leader In The Automotive Restoration Industry ***
We have a strong commitment to quality, customer satisfaction, and our people.
If you are a reliable, self-starter who is detail orientated with a strong work ethic, you may be an ideal candidate.
OUR BENEFIT PACKAGE INCLUDES: Medical / Dental / Vision / Paid Time Off (PTO) / Paid Holidays / Paid Life Insurance and a generous Profit Sharing Plan!
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Mon, 10 Jul 2017 11:02:52 PDT