Job Title Administrative Assistant
The Administrate Assistant oversees the office budgetary functions and provides daily administrative support to the Facilities Planning Department. Assists in the development and implementation of new construction projects.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Seven years of administrative support experience providing budget management, records management, and customer service.
Experience operating a personal computer and proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
Associate's Degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization.
Experience working in a facilities planning or construction department.
Experience handling construction pay requests.
General administrative support experience in a facilities planning area in a higher education setting.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of general office procedures.
Knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques.
Knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) applications.
Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and flexibility.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse group of staff, faculty, students, and the community in a service-oriented environment.
Ability to supervise and train assigned staff, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
Salary Range $18.20 - $20.11 hourly ($38,000 - $42,000 Annually)
Essential Job Duties
•Provides administrative support to the department such as receives and routes visitors, screens and routes calls and faxes, prepares correspondence and reports, maintains appointment calendar, schedules meetings, secures conference rooms, makes photocopies, coordinates travel arrangements, and processes travel authorization requests, expense reports, and vouchers for payment.
•Develops and maintains spreadsheets to track incoming and outgoing payment requests for construction vendors. Reconciles invoices against the proposals and researches and resolves payment discrepancies on change orders and pay requests.
•Assists with preparing architect and engineer construction contracts, generating performance ratings, and processing vendor invoices and payment applications as directed by supervisor.
•Places ads in accordance with the selection process for construction manager or architect for new project requirements. Assists with coordination of building permits, code enforcement, and plan reviews.
•Coordinates Five Year Master Plan Public Meetings and the State University System (SUS) Planners Meetings.
•Schedules interviews for construction managers, architects, and engineers for new construction projects.
•Maintains the creation, handling, and storage of all records in accordance with applicable record retention guidelines. Updates and maintains the department files and website.
•Meets with supervisor to review all expenditures projections for all projects. Maintains construction project files with contract Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP)'s, change orders, and additional services requests in accordance to procurement and accounts payable activity.
•Maintains infrastructure projects activity spreadsheet. Monitors budget and expenditures for artwork in State buildings files.
•Monitors monthly budget and expenditures in the Life to Date spreadsheet. Verifies project uncommitted funds are available to set up new purchase order requisition or construction contracts. Works directly with procurement to set up new contracts, change orders, requisitions, and invoices.
•Monitors the department budget. Maintains fiscal records and processes required documents. Coordinates and provides oversight for p-card purchasing activities. Ensures receipt of goods and services prior to approving payment of invoices.
•Serves as payroll custodian and approve OPS time sheets. Reconciles payroll reports and prepares OPS employment forms.
•Assigns work, coordinates schedules, trains and supervises OPS and student workers.
•Generates reports for multiple projects at the end of the fiscal year and as needed. Participates in SUS educational plant surveys.
•Serves as the property custodian. Creates and maintains records of department asset locations, performs annual physical inventory, and reconciles any discrepancies.
•Maintains department equipment and inventory of office supplies. Prepares requisitions for equipment, supplies, and services. Researches and obtains competitive vendor prices. Prepares and tracks work management orders.
•Other job-related duties as assigned.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number PS288P
Open Date 07/10/2017
Close Date 07/24/2017
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a high school diploma, equivalent, or higher?
- * Do you have seven or more years of administrative office experience in a busy office supporting several functional areas that include customer service, records and budget management?
- * Do you have experience operating personal computers with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) software?
- * Please explain your directly related experience to the position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate the number of years of directly related work experience.
- * Are you claiming veteran's preference?
- This position is eligible for veteran's preference. For additional information regarding veteran's preference, please review the FGCU Human Resources website and click on the link for Veteran's Preference. You may copy and paste this URL into a separate browser window for easier access to veteran's preference information: http://www.fgcu.edu/HR/. To be eligible for veteran's preference, you must upload your DD214 to this posting. A new DD214 must be uploaded with each application submitted. Forms submitted under a previous application will not transfer to another position application.
- * Please indicate how you first learned of this position.
- Job Board
- Print Advertisement
- Social Media
- Job Fair/Conference
- FGCU Website
- Employee Referral
- * Per the question above, please specify the name of where you FIRST learned of the position?
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- List of 5 Professional References (with relationship of each)
- DD Form 214