Job Title Program Assistant
The Program Assistant provides administrative support to the Associate Dean and the College of Education. Assists with program data collection, maintenance of databases, and report writing.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Four years of experience providing data entry, records management, and administrative support.
Experience operating a personal computer and proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization.
Experience using Canvas, LiveText, SharePoint, and other online survey tools.
Experience with visual and graphic editing.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of general office procedures.
Knowledge of or ability to learn Canvas, LiveText, SharePoint, and other applications and software.
Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects.
Ability to collect, analyze, organize, and present information in a meaningful manner.
Ability to work under pressure and meet close deadlines.
Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse group of staff, faculty, students, and the community in a service-oriented environment.
Ability to think critically and creatively, have a high standard of integrity, and be motivated to incorporate best practices into the organizational structure.
Ability to work successfully as both a member of a team and independently with minimal supervision.
Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule.
Salary Range $14.37 - $15.57 hourly ($30,000 - $32,500 annually)
Essential Job Duties
• Assists with program data collection and report writing. Assists with the development and maintenance of databases in collaboration with the Associate Dean to ensure accurate data collection and reporting of project activities, outcomes, and impact.
• Provides administrative support to the Associate Dean and College of Education such as processes travel authorization requests and travel reimbursements. Maintains staff appointment calendars and coordinates meetings. Screens and routes calls/mail/faxes.
• Establishes and maintains both paper and electronic record keeping systems in accordance with applicable record retention guidelines.
• Updates, edits, and maintains the College of Education website, newsletter, and Annual Achievement Book
• Initiates work orders as necessary, and serves as a liaison with university departments to ensure repairs and services are provided in a timely manner.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number PS290P
Open Date 07/10/2017
Close Date 07/24/2017
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a high school diploma, equivalent, or higher?
- * Do you have four (4) or more years of experience providing data entry, records management, and administrative support?
- * Do you have experience operating a personal computer with proficiency in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)?
- * Please explain your directly related experience to the position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate the number of years of directly related work experience.
- * Are you claiming veteran's preference?
- This position is eligible for veteran's preference. For additional information regarding veteran's preference, please review the FGCU Human Resources website and click on the link for Veteran's Preference. You may copy and paste this URL into a separate browser window for easier access to veteran's preference information: http://www.fgcu.edu/HR/. To be eligible for veteran's preference, you must upload your DD214 to this posting. A new DD214 must be uploaded with each application submitted. Forms submitted under a previous application will not transfer to another position application.
- * Please indicate how you first learned of this position.
- Job Board
- Print Advertisement
- Social Media
- Job Fair/Conference
- FGCU Website
- Employee Referral
- * Per the question above, please specify the name of where you FIRST learned of the position?
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- List of 5 Professional References (with relationship of each)
- DD Form 214