Part-Time Office Assistant
Job Title Part-Time Office Assistant
The Office Assistant will provide administrative support to the Business Technology Services Department. Assist with purchases of software licenses and maintenance, computer equipment, and office supplies. Maintain paper and electronic files following record retention guidelines. Assist with scheduling meetings and employment interviews.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
One year administrative support experience including data entry, filing, and customer service.
One year experience with personal computers using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
Experience providing administrative support in an Information Technology or Higher Education environment.
Experience with Ellucian Banner.
Experience with Microsoft SharePoint.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Salary Range $12.00 per hour
Essential Job Duties
Prepares requisitions for purchases of computer software, supplies, and services. Obtains approval for payment of invoices. Prepares and maintains both paper and electronic files to accurately document purchasing activity.
Assists in the processing of timesheets and employee leave forms.
Maintains the department inventory of office supplies.
Reserves conference rooms for meetings and department functions, and creates Outlook meetings and appointments.
Greets visitors, answers phone calls, and distributes incoming mail.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number TS61P
Open Date 07/10/2017
Close Date 07/24/2017
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
This is a temporary position, working between 24 and 29 hours per week.
As a temporary employee, you will not be eligible to participate in all employee benefit programs (e.g., paid leave, retirement, or tuition reimbursement).
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a high school diploma, equivalent, or higher?
- * Do you have one (1) or more years of administrative support experience including data entry, filing, and customer service?
- * Do you have one (1) or more years of experience operating a personal computer with proficiency in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)?
- * Please indicate the number of years of directly related work experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate how you first learned of this position.
- Job Board
- Print Advertisement
- Social Media
- Job Fair/Conference
- FGCU Website
- Employee Referral
- * Per the question above, please specify the name of where you FIRST learned of the position?
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- List of 5 Professional References (with relationship of each)