Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Summary: The Business Development Manager will collaborate strategically with the executive management team to formulate n effective marketing plan to build strategic alliances, scientific collaborations, and channel partnerships with various entities or business within our industry. This position is responsible for taking initiative and leading the technology licensing goals, as well as develops strategies for optimization of IP value for our next-generation oncology systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Relies on extensive experience and judgment to independently develop strategic, tactical and operational plans that effectively maximize IP value and support the company's achievement of product and service delivery goals; set both long term and short term strategies that are in line with the company's goals
• Actively participates in the development of the marketing budget and consistently meeting all budgetary goals established throughout the fiscal year
• Uses expertise to plan and conduct market research to identify market trends and partnership opportunities; Uses independent judgment to determine best course of action
• Maintains regular updates with the President/CEO with regard to achievement of goals; Strategizes with the President/CEO to ensure departmental goals are in line with company mission
• Initiates and nurtures scientific/commercial partnerships and strategic alliances through networking opportunities, and/or attending trade conventions specific to our industry; effectively builds trust and credibility within the industry
• Effectively communicates BioGenex's NextGen systems for cancer diagnosis, prognosis and therapy selections, especially for characterization of cancer of unknown primary (CUP) and undifferentiated tumors;
• Communicates brand value and manage the validation of technologies for scientific merit and commercial value;
• Directs the sales team where appropriate, to drive revenue and accomplish departmental goals
• Collaborates with R&D, marketing and other teams to develop strategic and tactical approaches for optimizing commercial opportunities
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining a valuable network, and participating in professional organizations
• Performs other duties as appropriate or assigned by President/CEO
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree in life sciences required; PhD or MBA preferred. 4-7 years of business development experience including consummation of successful scientific and commercial partnerships, and strategic alliances in the life sciences/IVD domains. Prior experience with molecular pathology/oncology products preferred. Demonstrated success in developing high-value partnerships and scientific collaborations with key opinion leaders. Experience devising IP strategies is a plus.
• Language Skills: Ability to absorb, analyze, and interpret the most complex technologies and concepts. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
BioGenex designs, develops, and commercializes advanced fully-automated molecular pathology systems for cancer diagnosis, prognosis, personalized medicine, and life science research. The recent introduction of our eFISHency integrated workflow solution for FISH laboratories and miRNA system for characterization of cancer of unknown primary (CUP) and for undifferentiated tumors is a game changer that has no rival in the industry. Our fully automated molecular pathology work stations are the most advanced system globally. Our customer focused approach, with premier after sales support and excellent technical service, provides the best in class customer care. Our spirit of innovation drives us to deliver cutting edge technology, years ahead of our competition, and the finest systems for life science research and diagnostics.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and ensures its employment decisions comply with principles embodied in Title VII, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, Executive Order 11246, Revised Order Number 4, and applicable state regulations.
Mon, 10 Jul 2017 10:34:19 PDT