Assistant Director for Programs and Administration - Siebel Center for Design (A1700420)
Assistant Director for Programs and Administration
Siebel Center for Design
College of Engineering
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Siebel Center for Design (SC4D) at the College of Engineering seeks applicants for the position of Assistant Director for Programs and Administration. The new Siebel Center for Design is one component of a larger cross-campus, multidisciplinary effort to harness the potential of design thinking and design learning in our teaching, research and engagement. Through this effort, we will channel our students' outstanding talents to develop expertise, passion and creativity toward issues and lives of consequence. Students from across campus and all fields of study will explore ideas and master skills through action-immersing, designing, making, doing.
Reporting to the Director of the Siebel Center for Design, the Assistant Director for Programs and Administration provides counsel to the Director, faculty and staff in all aspects of the operations of the Siebel Center for Design. Areas include: program development, marketing, and strategic program evaluation and coordination.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Aid in the development of strategic plans for operations, programs, and events for the SC4D.
- Help create and implement programs, curriculum, grant proposals, policies and objectives related to SC4D, and collaborate with the Director, faculty and staff of the SC4D with overall management and operations.
- Manage the SC4D student employees and associated information station and assistants program.
- Advance and maintain relationships with SC4D sponsors and prominent alumni through continuous communication, personal interaction, and various media publicity. Endeavor to secure sponsors for a variety of events and programs through outreach and collaboration with units across campus.
- Direct the communications coordinator of the SC4D and assist in the development of marketing materials, which includes press releases and print and online materials.
- Assist the director in communicating with local, state, and national media by working with the communications coordinator and assist in the creation of news releases and articles.
- Represent the SC4D as requested in on-campus meetings and at national conferences, which may include travel.
- Assume additional appropriate related program duties to further the mission of the Center.
- Bachelor's degree.
- At least two years of experience in program development, assessment, and supervising employees. Experience working in higher education or similar environment.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines, professional demeanor and ability to work well with designers, artists, senior executives, faculty, staff, and students.
- Bachelor's degree in design, public relations, marketing, communications, advertising or a related field.
- Experience in programs related to design thinking and innovation with undergraduate or graduate students.
- Experience in public relations or marketing.
The Assistant Director for Programs and Administration position is a full-time, benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply for this position, please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, and names/contact information for three references by 8/31/2017. Full consideration will be given to complete applications received by the closing date. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Thurman Etchison at email@example.com or 217-300-2193.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Engineering
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Assistant Director for Programs and Administration - Siebel Center for Design (A1700420)
Open Date: 07/10/2017
Close Date: 08/31/2017
Organization Name: Siebel Center for Design