Undergraduate Programs Coordinator - Department of Bioengineering (A1700421)
Undergraduate Programs Coordinator
Department of Bioengineering
College of Engineering
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Department of Bioengineering at the College of Engineering seeks applicants for the position of Undergraduate Programs Coordinator. Reporting to Associate Director of Operations, the Undergraduate Programs Coordinator is responsible for the administration and daily operation of the undergraduate Bioengineering programs. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide academic guidance, support, and explanation of departmental and college policy relating to the education of undergraduate students within the Department of Bioengineering; including (but not limited to) curriculum direction, degree auditing, and career counseling.
- In close collaboration with the MEng Program Leadership, assist with the facilitation of the SJTU 3+2, specifically pertaining to the administration of the undergraduate portion of the degree including (but not limited to) providing guidance to prospective, as well as current students enrolled.
- Coordinate all aspects of the SJTU Summer Exchange Student Program including communication with appropriate personnel at SJTU, program development, coordination of student affairs, and budget oversight.
- Oversee the undergraduate student recruiting process and provide backup to the graduate programs unit.
- Assist the Director of Undergraduate Programs with the Bioengineering admissions process, including the review and evaluation of undergraduate student applications.
- Coordinate and conduct the semester and summer advising sessions for undergraduate students.
- Anticipate and take initiative in advising and addressing programmatic, undergraduate related problems
- Serve as the primary contact for prospective students interested in the undergraduate program and communicate important aspects of the degree program which include curriculum details and options, how the undergraduate program compares with peer institutions, and the range of educational opportunities available both within the department and our affiliated units and centers across campus.
- Act as departmental liaison through attendance at college and campus level meetings related to undergraduate program functions and advising as needed, including (but not limited to) the Chief Advisor's meetings in the College of Engineering
- Serve as the Coordinator for the undergraduate seminar course (BIOE 199) when offered, and oversee all logistical aspects including (but not limited to) course logistics, space reservation and scheduling.
- Organize the Bioengineering Curriculum Committee meetings and serve as an ex-officio (non-voting) member; including scheduling, suggesting agenda items, and keeping detailed record of events in order to assist with curriculum facilitation.
- Serve as the main contact through various methods of communication for data collection as pertaining to undergraduate programs, including collections for the accreditation process, departmental reviews, and various surveys when requested.
- Develop and distribute communications regarding student programs in undergraduate programs.
- Assist the Director of Undergraduate Programs with the maintenance of the departmental scholarship database, including assisting with the selection of recipients and allocation of awards.
- Organize new student orientation for undergraduate students including scheduling, material preparation and space reservation.
- Communicate with and assist all Departmental Faculty Advisors to implement changes to student academic status (petitions, withdrawals, course changes, etc.).
- Handle course/grade administration changes for undergraduate students.
- Assist the Director of Undergraduate Programs with the completion of audits for graduating seniors.
- Coordinate Bioengineering's participation in annual Engineering Open House: a) Research and determine all necessary charges, reservations, refreshments, etc. for all related items needed for Bioengineering's participation in event. b) Provide this information to Office Administrator who will handle the purchasing/reserving with the appropriate purchase card. c) Attend any college meetings related to Engineering Open House as needed. d) Hold any departmental meetings related to Engineering Open House. e) Participate and represent the Department at Engineering Open House, along with other members of Department.
- Oversee and manage our Bioengineering Student Ambassadors; including appointment submissions, training, and timecard approvals
- Appoint Undergraduate Employees as needed and serve as their secondary approver in TimeTracker.
- In close collaboration with the Associate Director of Communications, create, implement, and continually update the undergraduate sections for the Bioengineering website and other related marketing materials.
- Assist with special projects assigned by department administrators.
- Assume additional appropriate related undergraduate program duties to further the mission of the department.
Bachelor's degree in a related field
3-5 years of experience with admissions or related work experience with higher education and students. Comprehensive understanding of University, College, and Departmental policies and procedures related to the administration of undergraduate programs. Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to work with students and faculty from diverse backgrounds. Proven track record of customer service with particular emphasis on interactions with faculty and students; must be results-oriented.
Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Master's degree in a related field
Proficiency in BANNER applications, Enterprise Data Warehouse, and the College of Engineering IT portal applications. Experience working with external constituents.
The Undergraduate Programs Coordinator position is a full-time, benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply for this position, please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, and names/contact information for three references by July 24, 2017. Full consideration will be given to complete applications received by the closing date. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Drew Schlosser at email@example.com or (217) 300-4189.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Engineering
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Undergraduate Programs Coordinator - Department of Bioengineering (A1700421)
Open Date: 07/10/2017
Close Date: 07/24/2017
Organization Name: Bioengineering