RN Case Manager/Social Worker
Working Title: RN Case Manager/Social Worker
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Department of Pediatrics
Posting Date: 07-10-2017
The Blue Ridge Care Connection for Children seeks an RN Case Manager/Social worker to provide care connection services to special need children. The incumbent facilitates the delivery of quality services by application of case management principles while utilizing policies, procedures, and quality standards in order to maintain customer satisfaction and to achieve optimal outcome. The incumbent serves the following age groups; Neonatal, Pediatric, Adolescence, and Adult to 21st birthday. This position requires incumbent to travel to various locations for clinic appointments, home appointments, and education-related conferences.
Associate's degree in higher education administration, health promotion, counseling, or related field of study required. Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse by the State Board of Nursing of the Commonwealth of Virginia. Must have a valid Driver's License, the ability to travel to multiple sites, and access to personal transportation.
A Bachelor's Degree with one year of experience in public health nursing, home health care, pediatrics nursing, discharge planning, and/or utilization management and Case Management Certification preferred.
Knowledge of local, federal, and state laws and regulations regarding individuals with disabilities along with The Joint Commission (TJC) standards related to position chief objective required. Candidates must be proficient in MS Office (Word and Excel) and Outlook.
This position is restricted and contingent upon the continuation of funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of local, federal, and state laws and regulations regarding individuals with disabilities.
2. Knowledge of JCAHO standards related to position chief objective.
3. Ability to demonstrate aptitude for compliance with UVA policies, procedures, and customer service philosophy.
4. Ability to advocate for the needs of the client when faced with challenges.
5. Ability to verbally communicate and possess interpersonal skills.
6. Possess conflict resolution skills.
7. Ability to make presentations to small and large groups.
8. Ability to analyze and solve problems.
9. Ability to adapt to changes in work roles and expectations in order to accomplish client/department goals.
10. Ability to communicate information in writing that is clear and understandable to others.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82242