Financial Aid Quality Control Specialist
The Financial Aid Quality Control Specialist will assist the Director of Financial Aid Compliance in ensuring the universities financial aid program is compliant with federal, state, and institutional rules and regulations by administering a financial aid compliance plan. This professional will also assist with resolving issues by conducting detailed research of student records to resolve issues brought forth by Financial Aid Support managers, University offices, and students; and determine solutions to resolve these issues.
***In addition to uploading resume, the following documents are required for consideration. We are requesting that all documents be uploaded one file (.PDF or Word) to the APPLICATION PACKET section of the application.***
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Assist in creating/maintaining a financial aid compliance plan and audit schedule.
- Perform compliance audits based on schedule.
- Verify work of staff in audit selection for accuracy, proper work methods, techniques, and compliance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Share audit findings with management and assist managers with developing individualized training plans based on QA findings.
- Assist with trend analysis and identifying training needs.
- Maintain audit documentation.
- Assist with A133 audit preparation and data collection.
- Assist with state aid audit preparation and data collection.
- Thoroughly research and document student issues following established procedures. Maintain research documentation.
- Maintain working knowledge of federal, state and institutional verification and awarding regulations to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Maintain confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Participates in special events, evening, and weekend work as needed.
- Contribute to the overall success of the Financial Aid Office by performing all other duties as assigned by the management team.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Requires demonstrated competencies to work in technology driven operation. These include analytical skills, strong interpersonal and communication skills and student centered customer service orientation. Also, must be able to work in a collegial and collaborative manner within a team and able to react and adjust quickly to changing conditions.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Demonstrated success working with students or customers in a service-oriented environment.
- Experience in performing verification and packaging of financial aid preferred.
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague student system preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
Job ID 2017-1530
Job Locations US-FL-Tampa