2017-18 FWS/ Non-FWS Peer Assisted Learning Coach
The Center for Academic Vision & Excellence, formerly the Learning Resource Center, is seeking dynamic students to serve as Peer Assisted Learning (PAL) Coaches for the Fall 2017-Spring 2018 academic year.
PAL Coaches will be assigned to a section of SLU 200-Academic Success Lab to assist with course instruction and to provide supplemental support on an individual basis. PAL coaches will also work in the CAVE administering pre and post-assessments and helping SLU students improve in areas such as time management, organization, note-taking skills and study strategies. Selected applicants will report to Raymond LaBonte, Academic Coach.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all student information.
- Maintain accurate and current records of each tutoring session using Accudemia software.
- Attend PAL professional development sessions throughout the academic year.
- Comply with program guidelines as outlined in the PAL program handbook.
- Facilitate active learning by including mentees in the creation of goals and objectives for mentoring sessions.
- Develop a thorough understanding of college services, supports, and resources.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be a Saint Leo University student during time of appointment.
- Must have been enrolled for a minimum of two (2) terms at Saint Leo University.
- Must have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA and maintain a 3.0 each appointment term.
- Must not have any past or current student conduct cases.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Be mature, responsible, and empathetic.
Job ID 2017-1531
Job Locations US-FL-Saint Leo