Health and Safety Manager
Are you an independent and self-starter individual? Is your communication style factual and specific? Do you enjoy multi-tasking and have a sense of urgency when completing a task?
Do you believe doing something is doing it 100% or not doing it at all? If you answered yes to all of these questions, please take seven (7) minutes to complete this survey by copy and pasting the link into your browser, https://www.cindexinc.com/c/B2E206, and keep reading.
ONLY CANDIDATES THAT COMPLETE THE SURVEY WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION.
Summary: The Safety Manager is responsible for enforcing all federal, state and company safety regulations and policies to minimize injuries, accidents and property damage. Performs safety inspections and accident investigations on a regular basis in order to prevent/correct safety hazards; assures compliance with OSHA standards. Delivers Safety Orientation to all new hires and conducts/coordinates other training courses for employees, as needed. Manages the claims process from end to end for all general liability and employee accidents.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Conducts Safety Inspections at all job sites, supervises the loss prevention process and OSHA compliance requirements for all personnel and facilities
- Identifies causes of accidents and hazards and develops preventative measures in order to minimize accidents in the future
- Works with Project Managers to identify areas of training based on contract requirements.
- Makes recommendations and implements safety policies and procedures
- Inspects proper equipment operation and ensures compliance with company safety guidelines. Corrects deficiencies/safety violations as needed
- Initiates and provides all inspection/safety reports to management for review, performs any further safety coordination requested by management
- Ensures fire equipment, eye wash stations and emergency showers are inspected monthly at all Company facilities
- Ensures weekly safety meetings (Toolboxes) are performed by all crews and compiles reports for management review; creates and conducts monthly safety meetings with field personnel, project superintendents/managers, and upper management
- Conducts safety awareness training to all employees including but not limited to, trench excavation, confined space, PPE, flagging, and general construction safety
- Responsible for conducting new hire orientation safety awareness for all new employees
- Escorts inspectors and other visitors (insurance, OSHA, etc.) on tours of facility and jobsites
- Ensures the immediate execution of Random Drug Testing by escorting employee to and from Clinic conducting test
- Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for all jobsites
- OSHA Compliance (Maintain OSHA 300 Log, Complete OSHA 301 Form for every incident, Complete/Post OSHA 300A Form as mandated)
- Maintains Master Certification Log and conducts/schedules training as needed
- Ensures compliance for all DOT drivers, to include the administration, tracking and coordination of all DOT requirements
- Works closely with Human Resources on the administration of Workers' Compensation claims, including transporting employees to/from medical clinics, as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Safety related discipline preferred; or five years related experience and /or training
- Valid Texas Driver's License required
- Preferred licenses and certifications: First Aid, CPR, OSHA510, OSHA Recordkeeping
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish)
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Power Point and Excel applications
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrates analytical skills in areas of moderate complexity
- Demonstrates ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and correspondence
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively present in small group presentations with customers, clients and employees
- Demonstrates sound judgment in resolving matters of moderate scope and complexity
- Demonstrates the ability to influence others
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency in responding to all situations
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize assigned work and complete in a timely manner, including strong time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrates the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
The Safety Manager while performing the essential functions of this job is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, lift above their head, and talk or hear. The Safety Manager is occasionally required to kneel, crouch or stoop, climb ladders, bend at the waist, squat and crawl in tight or confined spaces to perform the essential functions of the job. The Safety Manager will occasionally lift, move or push up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision. Ascending or descending stairs is required, and movement of uneven terrain is frequently required to carry out essential duties. Driving of a vehicle is required.
The Safety Manager will spend their time both on the physical jobsite and in the office. This position is exposed to high temperatures, cool/cold temperatures and loud noises. Work in the construction area poses significantly greater risk due to moving construction equipment and active construction zones with trip and fall hazards. The office environment is a low to medium risk area. Computers and phones are constantly in use.
E-Z Bel Construction, LLC (E-Z Bel) performs civil and commercial construction projects for a variety of public and private entities. E-Z Bel primarily builds in the San Antonio and South/Central Texas region specializing in street, drainage, utility, concrete and traffic signal work.
Our core clients include the City of San Antonio, Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT), San Antonio area municipalities and various developers.
E-Z Bel is known to take on complicated projects with significant traffic control and constructability issues. Although the Company primarily operates as a general contractor, E-Z Bel also has a full service traffic signal and roadway illumination department that performs both as a prime contractor and a subcontractor.
San Antonio, TX
Mon, 10 Jul 2017 04:48:58 PDT