Project Coordinator - Care Management
Project Coordinator - Care Management-1702053
Duties of a Project Coordinator in Care Management may include the following but are not limited to:
Coordinate departmental data management and quality improvement activities.
- Identify and develop data collection methods using available software systems
- Coordinate collection of data for reporting
- Assist in implementation of programs and ensure strict compliance with these standards.
- Review, learn and understand all applicable operating standards and regulations.
- Manages internal programs and databases
- Generate outcome data reports
- Manage department benchmark items
- Assist with Internal Performance Audit Tools and Programs
- Partners with management to define project scope, establish goals, objectives and timeline.
- Main timely and up-to-date- project tracking
- Identify and develop data collection methods using available software systems, (Excel, Access, SPSS, Crystal Reporting, Cerner DA2, UHC Database)
- Review Learn, and understand all applicable operating standards and regulations
- Assist with Internal Performance Audit tools and Programs
- Data validation for internal and external quality improvement requirements.
- Maintain internal and external application by validating data and exported measures
- Track and Trend internal and external data
- Work closely with nurse case manager/social worker team regarding payer delays, authorization and denial notification.
- Maintain ongoing communication with payers for up-to-date claim status
- Communicate unique and complicated cases to denials and appeals unit.
- Ensure proper follow-up with outstanding claims
- Serve as a liaison between hospital departments that will correlate with department function and initiatives
- Prepares documents and reports required for payer proficiency and quarterly reviews.
- Keep high level customer service responsibility
- Train users in navigation, data entry and routine report generation
- Maintain and Coordinate Departmental Resources
- Create and Maintain Internal Discharge Database Management tools
- Collaborate with Lead Program analyst to maintain working functionality of Acute Care Management Application
- Assist with department advancement of professional growth
- Assist in educating staff members with hospital systems and Microsoft Applications
- Develop competency and maintain up to date knowledge of hospital software i.e. Power Chart, Siemens, Eclipsys & other programs as acquired
- Assist department leadership with staff educational presentations
- Coordinate training and meetings
- Evaluate and improve current departmental data management systems
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain understanding of referral resources
- Knowledge of discharge planning programs
- Prepare and Track discharge reporting items
- Assist with Weekly Long Stay Process
- Assist with reporting tools to decrease Length of Stay
- Assist with Transportation Authorization
- Communicate with Care Management Team about patient IPRO/IPRA appeal
- Coordinate with Case Manager/Social Worker Team appropriateness of appeal and documentation requirements
- Maintain IPRO/IPRA determination with internal and external departments
- Provide customer support for patient/patient family member
- Keep a high level customer service responsibility
- Demonstrate courteous, respectful and professional demeanor with both internal and external customers
Required Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree. Demonstrate good working knowledge and good understanding of database systems i.e. Excel, Sharepoint, SQL Server and Access.
Preferred Qualifications: N/ASpecial Notes: Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises.
This function/position has been designated as “essential.” This means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital and related facilities.All Hospital positions are subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary. This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation. Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services (The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred for examination), submit (3) written references, and provide a copy of any required New York State license(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
The best ideas in medicine start with the best people. At Stony Brook Medicine, our highest calling is to put the power of ideas to work in our patients’ lives. Stony Brook Medicine integrates and elevates all of our health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. Stony Brook Medicine is Long Island’s premier academic medical center. With 603 beds, we serve as the region’s only tertiary care center and Level 1 Trauma Center, and are home to the Stony Brook Heart Institute, Stony Brook Cancer Center, Stony Brook Children’s Hospital, Stony Brook Neurosciences Institute, and Stony Brook Digestive Disorders Institute. We also encompass Suffolk County’s only Level 4 Regional Perinatal Center, state-designated AIDS Center, state-designated Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program, state-designated Burn Center, the Christopher Pendergast ALS Center of Excellence, and Kidney Transplant Center. It is home of the nation’s first Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis Center.
Stony Brook University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to the creation of a diverse and inclusive campus climate. We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AThttp://www.stonybrook.edu/police
Official Job Title: TH Staff Assistant I
Job Field: Administrative & Professional (non-Clinical)
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: Care Management-Stony Brook University Hospital
Schedule: Full-time Day Shift 8:30am-5:00pmCare Management-Stony Brook University Hospital
Posting Start Date: Jul 10, 2017
Posting End Date: Jul 24, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Salary Grade: SL2