University of Colorado - School of Medicine
The Department of Orthopedic Surgery at the University of Colorado in Denver, Colorado is seeking a board certified/board eligible Orthopedic Surgeon who has an interest in a clinical practice in the area of Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery. Completion of a one-year fellowship in Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery is required. This position will be based in Colorado Springs. We currently have two full time Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeons on our faculty stationed in Colorado Springs, as well as three full time Physician assistants. The clinical practice is very busy, and can easily support the addition of an additional Surgeon.
Examples of Work Performed
- Obtains detailed history and performs physical examinations on assigned patients; assesses and treats acute/chronic medical problems and provides direct patient care to a specified patient population. Write prescriptions for medications, PT, OT, imaging studies, and DME as needed. Complete FMLA and other forms and school notes as needed.
- Providing pre-op, intra-op and post-op care; writes appropriate orders, including those for narcotics and other scheduled drugs. There will be some casting, splinting, and dressing required.
- Performs clinical research related to specific conditions and assist in preparation of manuscripts for publication. Assist with research training and supervision of graduate and medical students and residents. Assist with preparation of grants and project reports.
- Practices safety, environmental, and/or infection control methods.
- Coordinates the activities of patient care and support staff within the clinic. Work with the team to ensure smooth operation of the clinic.
- Writes progress notes on patients' office and hospital charts indicating patient status and treatment procedures performed; maintains other records as required.
- Provides health education to patients and families; may train and supervise medical students, residents, fellows, Physician Assistant students, and other health professional students, engaged in specific clinical activities.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops.
- Participate (attend, give talks, help organize) in educational programs including weekly academic conference, journal club, symposia.
- Participate in community outreach events including giving educational talks, organizing, planning, and attending
- Develop written educational materials and treatment protocols for specific conditions and post-operative care.
- Preparing and giving powerpoint and poster presentations for educational purposes at institutional, local and national meetings.
- Must become proficient in documentation and use of current the Electronic Medical Record, and be an available resource to other health care providers
- Will need to take telephone, ER and hospital call coverage.
- Board certified/eligible Orthopedic Surgeon
- All candidates must have completed an orthopedic surgery fellowship in pediatric orthopedics
- Medical License
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification; certification pending, as documented by temporary certificate.
- CPR Certified
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The applicant must be self-directed, detail-oriented, and adaptable in a high-intensity environment. Basic science and/or clinical research skills. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required as well.
- Research related statistical analysis experience.
- 2 to 5 year experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Review of applications will begin July 15, 2017, and will continue until the position is filled. Questions should be directed to Jodi.Naylor@ucdenver.edu Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references. The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. Some positions may also require a motor vehicle records check.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 10206
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20259 - SOM-Orthopedics
Posting Date: Jul 10, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Jodi Naylor
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00007091